View RSS Feed

Sport/Road Bikes

Two wheels and sometimes one, on the tarmac

1. What would you take for a touring ride - remember to

OK, for those that want to "fill their car" with what I'd recommend as fairly bog std crap for long-ish touring rides (ex the Chch Weds Night Rides thread after I reminded them that a tyre kit wasn't a bad idea and then someone did a clutch cable too & then they got all smart-ass):

Yeah, well I do carry one of those too - don't want the 6-weeks-ex-germany-its-unobtainium-otherwise BS I'd get via Murphys' law if i didn't have one!... But I thought I'd already lectured the obvious too ...
  2. The Royal Featherston Wedges

I have been house bound on Wednesdays for the last few weeks for various reasons, so the Wednesday wedges rides have been on hold.
    Last night I got "told" to go for a ride by my darling wife and come back a more resonable person. This usually works too ! I can become a bit of a handfull if I dont get a ride for a while. Thanks Nic!
    So I caught up with the Welly wednesday night ride and over the hill to Featherston it was.
    The ride over was good and the condition on the hill ...
  3. Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009

Week 1 and I thought that Gill would pussy out on us because to was quite windy and overcast, but she didn't. Good on her too! The ride destination was Gill's choice and she decided to head to Paekakariki via Airley Rd in Plimmerton.
    Being her 1st ride since May I thought it was a bit of a brave move doing the windy Airley Rd option but it all went well. The ride there was fine and following her I could see the wind was troubling the little GN250 a little. It was a solid 70km per per ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedgesFinns.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	188629  
  4. Weekly Wednesday Wedges Ride

My best riding buddy & I get out & ride whenever we can. Together we have ridden many 1000's of kilometres and on quite a few occasions his wife Gill has pillioned . About 12 months ago she got her learners license and then got cold feet with the whole process. She is keen to ride but has struggled to get some mileage under her belt, and has not ridden since May 2009.
    So starting this week for this summer I am planning on going for a ride every week and sampling potatoe wedges at different ...
  5. Any one know where I can source a

Hi-Viz motorcycle jacket with CE approved armour in shoulders, elbows and back. Have found a few on overseas sites but not too trusting of those..

If you know of where I can source one I would appreciate it. Saw some technic ones at the Parliament ride but their site does not list them.

Cheers Sam

P.s would rather look like a big , than a and I also find cars move out of my way when I wear my current hi vis vest
  6. GSF650 SK7 vs GSF1250 SK7 part2

Having problems loading pictures grrrrrrr will try a PDF version of the pictures
  7. ARROGANT MOTOR X RIDERS! "COWBOYS"

I have a bone to pick with a certain group of Motor X riders. I was at Woodend beach motor camp on Saturday visiting my parents where we had a birthday party for my wee 1 year old girl. The other kids were running about having fun and such.... as kids do! Next thing we hear a massive loud noise coming from off road bikes coming down the track that runs along the camp.......Shit here they are again! these bikers were traveling at huge speeds, probably about 5 of them. They rip up the track and have ...
  8. Daytona charging issues

Problems with the charging system on the Triumph Daytona 955i and Speed Triples 2002 onwards.

I ended up after 3 weeks of owning my bike (with 9000kms) that the rectifier shit itself. Luckily I brought the bike from a shop who then replaced (FOC) with a new rectifier and battery as that was also toast.

Once my bike was back from the shop it was happily starting with no issues…Until winter set in!!!
    I hadn’t been told about having to cold start the bike (ie prime ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuses.pdf   Schematic.pdf   beforeMod.pdf   AfterMod.pdf  
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast