Blog Comments

Just imagine how well you are going to feel once that valve functions as it was designed to do. I am picking you will not know yourself. Best you teach the vifferbabe how to log on to here to let us know how you are until you are well enough to do it for yourself. I am currently researching some screamingly funny jokes to share with you in the early days of your recovery after surgery
    Thanks everyone - I'm sure to be fine with all this support. The surgeon (well...his minion, at least) phoned today - I'm into hospital on Thursday 17th, and into theatre (wow! I get to do some acting!! ) on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazman727
    But wouldnt it still be best to brake with both at the same time? Even with a long wheelbase bike a lot of the weight will go on the front wheel.
    This question is slightly different to the last (about the order of the brakes, as opposed to should they both be used).

My personal view is yes for the road. That's because the slower you are going the more time the rear brake can apply a stopping force (because it takes longer for weight to transfer onto the front wheel). If however you are travelling at racing track speed then no (in my personal opinion), because the weight gets transferred onto the front wheel so quick you are better off spending that attention on something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath
    Consider a bike with a long wheel base, or that is carrying saddle bags, a pillion, or some additional weight over the rear tyre.
    But wouldnt it still be best to brake with both at the same time? Even with a long wheelbase bike a lot of the weight will go on the front wheel.
    Best of luck mate! You'll feel like a new man once you emerge from it all. As before, piccies of the nurses are mandatory!
    Best of luck with that. Looking forward to reading your post about how it went.
    I don't always leave comments, but like oracle said " good to see that you're valve should be repairable".
    If you should get the slightly noisy one you wont be able to keep much secret from your other half, she will tell when the ticker is nervous...LoL
    Seriously tho, all the best for the op and take your time with the recovery.
    Hey vifferman, good to see that you're valve should be repairable. Studying this sort of stuff at uni, and although they definitely work those bionic valves look pretty primative and as you said, do have quite an audible *click* with every heart beat. Anyway, all the best for the op and looking forward to a post-op 'I bet the bugger' blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazman727
    It seems strange to apply the front brake first then the rear. Since the weight transfers to the front wheel so fast, there would be little point inapplying the rear at all if most of the weight is already on the front. Or have i missed something?
    Consider a bike with a long wheel base, or that is carrying saddle bags, a pillion, or some additional weight over the rear tyre.
    Just don't use Transpro. They have a terrible reputation.
    I work as Manager of a transport company that could do a deal for you.
    0275928443....give me a ring.
    Biketranz frieght bikes around the country all the time. Email biketranz@xtra.co.nz or phone 04 298 5469
    Try using the search function up the top left side of the screen. Failing that start athread in the actual forums, that's where people frequent rather than the blogs.
    It seems strange to apply the front brake first then the rear. Since the weight transfers to the front wheel so fast, there would be little point inapplying the rear at all if most of the weight is already on the front. Or have i missed something?
    Thanx for that mate ,you'r right, Ill try to go into more depth & detail from now on
    Wow that came up great.
    Please report the cock smoking spammers. Ta.