View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Well what can I say?

This site has been so useful. I have read so much and found so much info, tips etc. The only thing that is missing is where to find a confidence pill for riding. The NW motorway is mind farking in a car let alone on a bike. Now I know why I see naughty riders using the pedestrian/cycle way! And I have not quite figured out how to get hair and makeup done at the lights. The forums have been very entertaining to say the least. And the commentary left about my post is so funny. All except one ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. Skunk's Battle of the Buckets and Pre89 at Ruapuna

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    It's about time I did a race report I think.

Battle of the Buckets and Pre 89 at Ruapuna B track.

Thanks to Dave Trustrum I was able to attend this meeting. It's always good (though the weather was crap last time I went. A little snow never hurt anyone did it?) Great meeting, good track, and some good people. Tony and Sue put us up for the two nights - Sue even arranged a banquet in our honour. Very nice to meet you both, as well as Holly and Polly.

Good
  3. What was I thinking????

Not FOR SALE!

Took SahSin (my red bike) out for a spin after work, after the gym on Saturday...and it was sooooo nice, I haven't ridden that bike since 2009! Couldn't lift it, due to shoulder injury, but shoulder is 95% better now!~ I LOVED IT! How can I even think of selling it? I am not selling it anymore! It was up...but I didn't respond to half the email I recieved...inside I think I din't want to sell it! So, I am keeping it! Gonna change the pipes on it and also get new grips! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Steampunk inspired veteran bike build

Had a crack at making a suitable 12v battery container this weekend
    Firstly I covered one of my Lucas figlass replica brit batt boxes with leather
    Then got some brass tile edging from work & set about converting it into decorative scrollwork on my router table
    Riveted it together with 8 brass corners ,8 brass angles , a couple of hinges , a Lucas badge & some copper paint & viola, one steampunkish battery box......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lucas batt box.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	215640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cutting off brass edge.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	624.6 KB 
ID:	215641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doing scrollwork on router table.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	567.0 KB 
ID:	215642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batt box drawing & bits.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	472.3 KB 
ID:	215643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batt box progress.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	535.7 KB 
ID:	215644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batt box almost finished.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	627.9 KB 
ID:	215652  
  5. BRONZ Wellington update

BRONZ Wellington formed from the BIKEOI.
    It was established with support from BRONZ Auckland (Thanks Auck’s!)
    What it stood for as a regional branch, how it was to be organized, and a focus on political activity drove the opening of the Wellington Branch.

Our President Brent Hutchison, our VP Paul Ellen, and Byron Cummins the Treasurer were selected in a meeting at the Backbencher opposite Parliament on Nov 17, 2009 twenty minutes after the great chant ...
  6. old and new

Quote Originally Posted by Kato63 View Post
    hi all, something old something new. well old = biking start early 80's when i joined vic club and rose through to promotions manager ie place add in paper for club night also got heavilly involved wit race meetings like lyall bay, gracefield, winter road race series manfield etc even was assistant grid marshall with Mark renall . long days even longer nights we even ran a mx event!! scary. I was looking at history of the Katana sxz and found this site awesome. Great bike inits day and remember
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Ninja Manoeuvers...

What is wrong with wanting to learn how to do wheelies? I posted that on my FB account and people were all over me to "not do it"...or think I will drop my bike, or break my arse! WTF? (most of these people don't ride at all)

So, I almost went up to a total stranger yesterday...he had a Kawi prolly a R6 or something..real beauty..and asked him if he knew how to do wheelies and if he could teach me, apparently watching youtube videos isn't professional enough? So what is? The local ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. 6R - Passed

I passed my restricted test today!! Go me!!

So continuing on with my journal I'll do a write up on the test.

I booked my test last week and done the usual eyetest, photo and signature on that day and was given a piece of paper with the date and time. When I came out I looked skyward and prayed that the weather played ball! Oh, how wrong was I that anyone was listening.

So fast forward to today, woke and it was cloudy, thought yes, I can cope with this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized