View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. home sweet home

Successful op yesterday. Typing with one hand so wont write too much.
    Surgeon was able to manipulate bone ends pretty much inline for 6-screw plate to be put in. He was pleased he didnt have to do a bone chip graft as he had wondered about.

In less than 30 hours I was home again, just on panadol (and tramadol if pain levels get too high for the panadol). Have been told not to us anti inflammatories such as voltaren as it has an ingredient detrimental to bone repair.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Finns Paekakariki 9th Dec 2009

Week 1 and I thought that Gill would pussy out on us because to was quite windy and overcast, but she didn't. Good on her too! The ride destination was Gill's choice and she decided to head to Paekakariki via Airley Rd in Plimmerton.
    Being her 1st ride since May I thought it was a bit of a brave move doing the windy Airley Rd option but it all went well. The ride there was fine and following her I could see the wind was troubling the little GN250 a little. It was a solid 70km per per ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedgesFinns.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	188629  
  3. Weekly Wednesday Wedges Ride

My best riding buddy & I get out & ride whenever we can. Together we have ridden many 1000's of kilometres and on quite a few occasions his wife Gill has pillioned . About 12 months ago she got her learners license and then got cold feet with the whole process. She is keen to ride but has struggled to get some mileage under her belt, and has not ridden since May 2009.
    So starting this week for this summer I am planning on going for a ride every week and sampling potatoe wedges at different ...
  4. Any one going on the patriots poker run in auckland? 12/12/09

http://www.patriotsmc.co.nz/index.ph...endar&calendar[view]=day&month=12&year=2009&day=12

i went last year and it was a good run and well organised, and i think the publicans prize was a bottle of wiskey!

sound interested then be at the poenamu in takapuna at 9am for rego with the ride leaving at 10:30am.

gold n crispy.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. hello to all

Hi all

I have just got my L plates so thought I would put a quick hello out to all the people around. Although started a little late, I have enjoy my early mid life crisis (I’m in my early 30ish).

Just sat my BHS test up in Albany on Sunday. Was a pretty full on couple of hours, especially where the only riding experience I had was a quad and a long time ago. But after getting use to the clutch and not turning the handle bars so much (dang quads). I was away. Now sure ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. The KL (Kawasaki Lochin) Project!!!

Oh yeah!!!! New bike!!!! Well, parts of one anyway.

So the KL (Kawasaki Lochin) project begins. I am yet to give it a real name, we'll see what it turns into.

A small () list of things needed/to do so far. List will need to be updated as I go.

-An engine Have got a Lochin 150 lined up for early next year from Nigel.
    -Front brake set up. One piston set up complete for around $50 from Newmans. I'll keep an eye out for a two piston caliper though. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Christchurch protest ride - Dec 5th

I filmed the event via helmet cam had mics in me helmet for some lame commentry .
    did a run down the staging post at like 11.20 , i wish i done a run just befor we set off for it would look gd from down past the round about with all the bikes lined up.
    Will try and edit tonight and up load to You tube .

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBedfordboyz
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Transpro Cant delivery the goods

im new to this site and riding,paid for my second bike on the 19th used transpro its now been over 2 weeks and still havent got my bike,date keeps changing,delivery is only from auckland to wanganui.customer service is horrible so far he isnt returning my calls ive rung almost eveery few days,starting to get really fucked of as having to share a car with my partner...
    Categories
    Uncategorized