View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Wellington Children's Toy Run (6th Annual)

Hi All,

The toy run is on again this year - keep Dec 4th free and attend if you can - details on the calender

Cheers -Dubz
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Photos from Bucket Racing at Mt Wellington 9 Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    Attachment 248526how many times did you two swap places
    Attachment 248527
    Attachment 248528 and what was it like having young Diprose ride around the two of you in the fast sweeper 3 wide
    Soooo much fun, glad to see Cully on the track again

Nathaniel is a freak

My forks are bottomed out in all the shots. I will have to address that tomorrow
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Buying a New Bike – Warm Fuzzies – Yeah Right!?

One would expect to get warm fuzzies over buying a new bike!.....and of course….one does!
    The thrill of the hunt when looking;
    the excitement and drooling when spotting a target;
    the anticipation and longing to get ones hands on it when wistfully gazing at the pics on Trademe or other internet source full of praise and illustrations for that of which you have chosen….(and what a wise and canny person you were to spot this item and realise what a wonderful choice you were making); ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. 500 Miles in Under 12 Hours

Hamilton Ulysses 500 Miler, 9 October 2011

Hamilton branch runs an annual 500 mile ride early in October each year.

The ride is organized by David Coy, originally as a training ride for the Rusty Nuts Grand Challenge.

The route is kept secret until the morning of the ride. In this instance I got to know the day before as David handed me a set of information sheets on the Saturday and asked me to take them out to Cambridge to meet the riders who would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Auckland Blood Run 18 October

Quote Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
    That's right little riders, the time is once again upon us to relinquish that red gold for an awesome cause. The need for blood is constant. In New Zealand, 150,000 whole blood units will need to be donated in the next 12 months to meet clinical needs.

This Blood Run coincides with the 60th BRONZ Blood run, so badges will be for sale ($10). The SMC rubber chicken is also scheduled to make an appearance... who will be awarded the poultry prize this time round???

When:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Feeling the beauty of riding the perfect race

Well the one last time ride I expected the last one to be wasn't and was followed by 2 practices and and 11/2 days of racing.

This first practice was lots of heart leaping little thomas the tank engine's "I can do this, I can do this."

The second practice was lets get some decent laps times and was more than happy with 46 sec laps (about a sec off my top consistent times)

With first day weather packing up and I crashing I'd had enough and went home after ...
  7. GC Conditioning…Don’t you Love Having an Excuse for Decent Ride!?

This weekend was programmed for my last conditioning ride for the GC (with only 3 more weekends to go and a club ride next weekend) and since missing out on the big Honda sale, although I was resigned to keeping my bike, I’ve kept a weather eye out for a replacement ST.

There have been several nice looking ST’s on TradeMe and I turned down a good offer in Masterton, as I thought, “Nah, keep the $’s and keep the Big Red, it’s got 122,000Km on it, but it’s going great.” ...But, then ...
  8. Winch project

Quote Originally Posted by buggsubique View Post
    the most i could get the winch to draw was about 7 amps. Even if it was 10A, with lights off (twin 60/55s) i wouldnt have thought there'd be much of a net difference in draw?

Open to further advice on it tho...that said, not planning on doing it again.
    Well 7amps aint much at all! its diddley squat! presuming your amp meter is correct, and im guessing it wont be out by much at all.

Your headlights draw 10amps on high beam.

Do a bit of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized