View RSS Feed

Bike Gear

Keeping your skin on your body

1. Oil for 2007 Bonneville

Hi

I have had my 2007 Bonneville for a about a month, and I need to service the bike and change the oil, filter and plugs. I would normally approach street and sport in CHCH and buy from them, but they are not operational at this time.

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on the best place to purchase the Oil, filter and plugs from in CHCH or surrounding areas.

Thanks in advance for your help
    Cheers
    Lee
  2. Handlebars for 2007 Triumph Scrambler that fell over in the Chch quake

Hi There
    My friend has a Truimph Scrambler 2007 which fell over during the recent quake. The fall has bent the handlebars.

Does anyone know where to pick up a new or second hand one. The Truimph dealership in CHCH is out of action for the time being.

All help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Lee
  3. Working on a BMW? (20/01/2011)

After being told not to effectively not try to take the tank off, it kind of translates into saying, don’t touch the bike, please take to your local Motorrad dealer to fix the problem for you.

However… I am thicker than most. This means, see what else you can touch, without involving the dealer. If the tank is out of bounds (and holding 33L of fuel, it’s a massive tank I really don’t think I should try removing) what else can you get at?

Before I had even collected ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00283.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	230278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00284.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	230279  
  4. Knocking at Quasi's for my KNOX

Rode down to Quasi to pick up my KNOX chest armour in the 'Tron tonight. Got a text around 5ish and any excuse for a ride ... I got my kit on and rode down the moronway to Taupiri and off towards Gordontown to Quasi's.

Always a hospitable host, he showed me the new back protector gears before I headed back up home, naturally took the back roads home and stopped in at Mercer to don some wet weather gear. Was fine on way down, but nature's ways decided to damp down the return journey. ...
  5. Pootling on a Predator as a proud new owner!

Well I guess now is the time as good as any to tell a tale of my time with my brand new motorcycle.

As you know my esteemed reader, I have recently come in possession of a fine piece of mechanical engineering. Namely one CB1000R, known as a Predator - born from the engineering workshop of an '07 Fireblade engine and modelled in the runway fashion halls of Europe.

I acquired my bi-wheel locomotive contraption from those erstwhile rapscallions in Botany ...
  6. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT2

In no time at all we are out of the Valley and up on the ridges, gone are the forest clad roads and shady glades of the Waipua Forest, basking in sunshine, we are rewarded with an initial view of the Tasman sea, I know from previous trips to slow down, there is a rest stop coming up on our left…. pulling in for pictures, I am awestruck at the panoramic beauty that is laid out before me…

7. Mid Winters Ride North To Cape Reinga PT1

The Morning broke fine and clear, a blue glow illuminating faintly through the night sky. Its Saturday morning and the proceeding 3 fine winter days have resulted in a very cold crisp morning…

I'm feeling a little jaded I always sleep a little restlessly before a big riding weekend.

The bike was pretty much packed the night before so its just a matter of getting ready and a cup of coffee or 2 and we are all set to go.

Marggy and I have around 160kms ...

Updated 16th July 2010 at 20:04 by PegLeg (pics)

Categories
    Touring NZ , General Bike Ravings , Hogs and other cruisers , Bike Gear
  8. VTR1000 mods

Hi all. Am new to this and heads scratchin a bit. forum not bikes.

Anyway thought I'd share a bit about the mods done to my newly purchased VTR firestorm. Picked it up in Palmerston North and rode it back to Hamilton. By the time I got home my arse, neck and shoulders were real sore.
    Ist mod was sending the seat to Mac in Tauranga at MacDonald motor trimmers aka Rider seats. He did a great job and it's made such a difference to the comfort. http://www.trimit.co.nz/
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast