View RSS Feed

Touring NZ

1. Sometimes I enjoy the things people do.

It was a great day for a ride and I got to get out for a blast. Off to Mokau I went. Imagine if you will, past Waitara long dry roads, light traffic, and long sweeping corners. Up and over a wee hill called Mt Messenger, over for a coffee in Mokau and back. Me and the bike in tune, riding your ride etc……..

On the way back, riding “my ride” a BMW X5 (SUV for non car fans) I spy coming on fast from the rear. Let him go I think to myself, as he blasts past doing what, ...
  2. Here we go

not sure how these blogg things work so will just talk shit here for a bit and see what happens
  3. A wee ride to some parts of my backyard I haven't got around to yet!

Well up at the crack of sparrow's fart and due to the late natter I had with the redoubtable gremlin (1.30am :slap

I was meant to be up at 6am, but got out around 8am ... rode around the back blocks of Papakura to get to some roads I haven't been down ... basically any road I hadn't yet managed to go down I followed!

Usual goat tracks with gravel galore on apex lines, but usual NZ stuff. Got somehow from the Hunuas to the back of SH22 and decided to take a look around ...
  4. At the 50 000km mark for Big Ol'Hornet

Its at this point in time, I am pausing to effect a small reflection of my zeal for two wheels of freedom. The CB919 aka 900 Hornet aka Big ol'Hornet has helped layer another patina of rose coloured experiences to my life.

I well remember the anticipation and petulant way I acted at Botany Honda, demanding from Richard that my bike shall be ready and on road for the next day!

Ah the halcyon day when I rode it down to Wellington and back for its maiden journey, a small ...
  5. any one go riding ...

any of you go riding to far north ,kiataia etc ,cape reinga,if so do you ride throught state highway 10 thought mangonui ?

if u havent you should its a good ride up there
    stop off at taipa for lunch or stop for night stay at Taipa Bay Resort.

www.taipabay.co.nz
  6. Places to ride in northland OFF ROAD

Hi there

for all off roaders i suggest going riding up north on the west coast of ahipara great sand dunes,huge 300 ft sand dune climb ,huge bowl and great senary ,eg.if u want to find a hotel to stay at check this www.taipabay.co.nz
    great winter rates .if you want me to take you around there riding im happy to .search ahipara on you tube ull see the places u can ride.
  7. gone dirt riding wanna try?

now the winters here and the zxr has been traded for a kxf250 and a cr85 been getting into the greatness that is trail riding.
    nz is great for the outdoors and the rain makes it more exiting even got the missus into it (knocked herself out at woodhill but got back on )having much more fun now than before and if anyone is looking to rent a dirt bike to see if they like it i can take u out contact yamahar64life we have a rm 125 great for the first timer or the advanced
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920