Blog Comments

Sit on as many bikes as you can, I bought three bikes before I ended up on my 250 yamaha zeal, fantastic for the vertically challenged, and it did so much for my confidence. I am now on to my next adventure! Good luck : )
    hi do you know the size of the fork seals for the rg150 as mine are bust and need replacing but dont want to start dismantling until ive got new ones ?
    Thanks, I think that is exactly whats happening. Will see if oil/air ratio changes when revved up.
    Hey thanx everyone for your help... im going for my restricted in a couple of weeks & then will start shopping for a new bike!
    Great to catch up on your progress Shane - good write up.
    Thanks man. I will definitely look into both options
    yup, I can underline that. Got me a Honda CBF250 as well and it's great fun to ride. Great practice/learner bike as it's agile, pretty quick and nice for commute.
    Try and get a 13t front sprocket, I am usually running around 13/47 give or take for my bike and I would say the gearing for both bikes would be similar. If you can't get a 13t front sprocket then 14/49 may work (again if you can get a 49t rear!)
    Excellent read ! Great to hear she's all go and no hickups ! Sounds like a good day in paradise !
    For some reason I got it into my head that I had to go larger on the front. I don't know why, but at least now it's so plainly obvious I changed the wrong one I won't be doing it again!!

You could say it worked out for the best though. Because it wouldn't pull out of a corner I was taking it easy all day. I don't think going out on a bike I've never ridden in anger and trying to find the limits first up would've ended well and I was definitely excited enough to go out and do something silly like that.

Live and learn (or relearn in this case) eh!!
    Nice work man, good to see another 450 out there I did notice you're cock up with the front sprocket in the previous post but just thought you had a mind block when typing! Been there done that hehe
    Nice helmet just bought the same, very comfortable and quiet. Managed to fit the chin gaurd off my old HJC helps keep the wind out.
    hi Spankme,
    I have been trying to figure out how to change the setting on my account so that I can see the latest (or all) reps received. It only shows the oldest ones currently, and it owuld be great to be able to see whereI am getting a positive response from my posts.

Can you tell me how to set it?
    Hi there Mrs Warrior.....Mrs Dodgy started on an FZR250 and hated it...I on the other hand loved it but that's another story. We shopped around and eventually settled on a Honda CB250. A fantastic little bike and great for those of short stature. She found it very easy to handle come test time....the guys on the sports bikes were struggling. Great on a long trip too...we did over 500 k's in one day trip once and she was ready for another 500 Also check if your local riding school is still running a course that gets you your full license 6 weeks thats right it's not a typo. Mrs Dodgy went from nothing to full license in 6 weeks in a riding school here in Hamiltron and I'm so glad she did. She is a confident safe rider and the only bad thing is she now won't ride pillion with me.Just my opinion for what it's worth. Good luck finding your ideal bike...Welcome to this madhouse that is KB and ride safe
    How much do you want to spend? I'm selling my Hornet 250 at the moment and it's a nice step up from a 125.

Even if you don't go for mine, they're a bike well worth looking at as they're not a full on sports machine that is uncomfortable to ride for learners but can go just as hard when you want them to.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...t-250-interest
    try the kawasaki ninja 250 great as a first bike- still a little slow.Its what im riding it looks great rides well an being only 250 your still OK on your learners
    Yes the monster should be able to be lowered, mine was.
    About 4 hours was the time, plus a couple of fuel / food stops.
    I'm really looking forward to it. Surprisingly the suspension felt like it wasn't that far off, but I think they clowns managed to fluke that. I'll have a real good measure up at the track when there's someone around to help out.
    Woot!!!
    It sounds like no other sickle I know of.
    Sounded cool pulling out towards Ruffel Rd.
    Enjoy Thurs mate.