View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Contemplation

Contemplation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone asked me today why I’m so hard on a certain type of person, the old skiddy, and the current Craver/Moron Many. I didn’t have an answer for them, aside from a brief explanation that they set a dumb precedent for newbies entering the site.

While that’s kind of true, and since after attending a funeral today, I’m feeling in a contemplative mood; I thought ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wax lyrical and freedom

Wax lyrical and freedom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grey queues and anonymous boxes, the sound of Nina Simone drifting.
    Freedom curtailed and permissions revoked, gale force winds and rain and Versace suit mix like oil.
    Dark grey skies, God painted a monotone for the urban crawl, everything is dark, foreboding, depressed.

"Birds flying high you know how I feel
    Sun in the sky ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I'm an asshole

Road rage, retards, funny faces, and tinted windows.

Dennis Leary, poet, humanitarian, and comedian once wrote a song called "I'm an Asshole" - there's this part that described me on the drive into work this morning:

Sometimes I park in the handicapped spaces, While handicapped people, Make handicapped faces

I'm an asshole, (he's an asshole, what an asshole), ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. SIH - Part 5.

Stuck in Hell - ending it with a whimper...

I’d suggest you read one or more of my Stuck in Hell posts – this will lack a little continuity otherwise…

I blame Georgie. No, really, It’s your fault.

I had a moment of epiphany – I was sitting in a meeting, listening to my manager’s droning voice explaining something dull and repetitive with all the glee of the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Stuck in Hell - the first.

Stuck in hell.

Hi everyone,

I'm sitting in the office, I'm the only one here, I'm bored out of my tree - scoot is at home chained to the garage floor. And out of the small window to my left I can see blue sky.

This is hell.

I'm considering going postal, but there's no one here.

So, instead, I thought I'd write some shit to connect ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. SIH - Part 2.

Stuck in Hell again: Craving experiences

Read my post Stuck in Hell before you read this one. It’ll make more sense.

I’ve grown up on two wheels. Most kids learn to walk, and then to run, and then after some bruises, they learn to ride. I kind of skipped some of the steps, I got put on a two wheeler really young, and instead of falling off, I just sorta rode. Bikes mean ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. SIH - Part 3.

Stuck in Hell, Part 3.

It’s been a few weeks since I posted Stuck in Hell and Stuck in Hell part 2. They were generally well received, and given that y’all are largely a captive audience, I thought I’d post more random flows of consciousness for you to digest in between those dinky polls and the latest “I crashed my ride” posts.

The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. SIH - part 4.

Stuck in Hell, Part Four

It hasn’t always this way – stuck in a Dilbert Cartoon cubicle, watching the clock roll around to 5.00 before leaping out the back door of the office. Before this, I had a slightly different lifestyle.

Before I get into this, this is sorta kinda motorcycle related, but the crazed meanderings of my aging mind means that it’s hard to stay on topic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized