View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Time to Weather a New Set of Storms

Nanny Ann bought a Spa Pool last week which was delivered on Monday. I wasn’t that keen and when I realized I would have paint the house starting at that part, I was even less impressed. (I did buy the paint last October but!......I’ve just had too many K’s to do!) Anyway, the pool was delivered Monday but had to be leveled, which was done Tuesday and I went in for a brief, only to find that to own a spa you need to be a chemist as well as a janitor……wow, and I had the privilege of paying for all ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. water in cylinders?!

i bought a 1986 gsxr750 to replace my poor lost TL (i know some of you may think thats a step backwards but its 190kg with 100bhp at the back wheel, i'm not complaining), and its been going great till just a couple days ago. well pretty much yesterday though sunday was a little glitchy. feels like its running on 3 cylinders, maybe even two sometimes, pulled out sparkplugs yesterday, they're brand new. mechanic mate said, might be distributor leads but i'm hoping its not cos it turns out they're ...
  3. Let it ride

8 days ago I took the bike out for a days racing and it actually ran the whole time. So Wanizame is running, dressed but needs a lot of work still. I finally have the flange for fitting a modified AG100 carb and am toying with the idea of changing the exhaust.
    George
  4. Spring in the Air and Bikes on the Road

I think the Weather-gods must be smiling again as Spring is in the air and Motor-Bikelists are back on the roads in numbers. After a bit of a drought in recent months, we've actually had three rides in three weeks as last Saturday, Nanny-Ann and I went up to Taranaki to check out some back roads between Stratford and south of Hawera, doing 650Kms for the day and today we had a Ulysses ride.

It was the first 'short' ride in three months and was programmed with two options to cater ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. Pammy's broken arse!!

by , 31st August 2008 at 21:00 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    That's right, I broke Pamela's sweet little bum today...
    First points race of the day, clockwise circuit, B grade was fraught with carnage today, especially for anyone who came in contact with a silly little shit on a motard (or should that be anyone who he contacted as he attempted to carver people up and ride motard styles among the buckets!)... anyway, I regress...
    So anyway, heading into the far corner when next thing I know I'm on the deck and see someone has come
  6. Knowledge and what to do with it.

A few weekends ago a young chap came around with his 2-stroke bike as his knowledge was not enough to sort out some of the stuff. I liked to be able to help. And he seemend very pleased with what I was able to contribute.

I did nothing that he would not have been able to do himself. A very intelligent chap. I recon it was more to have someone there who had done it before and was not scared to open a motor. Next time he will be able to do it himself. But if not, then I be happy to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. That time creeping up again..............

Check out the calendar for the 7th December...................................
  8. Rangi da Munta.

by , 18th August 2008 at 20:50 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    SO..... Rangi can no longer really be called da Munta, he's starting to look kinda flash, no, no un-needed bling in sight (yet) however he has had a paintjob and has some special decals and a fine new seat covering coming thanks to Skunk.
    He has a real flash looking shock now thanks to Sketchy Racer's fine magpie skills and has a flash as carb just waiting to go on his MB100 engine that Sully60 and I are at present swapping a MB50 6 speed gearbox into.
    So yes,