View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Avon Bastards

I've had some great rides lately but I seem to have a lot to bitch about as well. This week it's the distributors of Avon Tyres that have pissed me off.

I upgraded my bike in January and by mid February I was averaging 1,000 km/week and had done 3,800 km when I got a puncture in the rear tyre which damaged the inner membrane, requiring it be replaced. I had used a Conti Milestone on the Intruder and found it to have good grip and wear and since the Avon Storms hadn't been released ...
  2. Fuel Additives

Just wondering if anyone out there uses fuel additives in their bikes? If so i would like to know what ya'll use and the pros and cons of using them. Also has anyone herd of power pills? if so where do ya get them from????
  3. Motorcycle Training DVD

Came across this site:

http://www.atsb.gov.au/admin/buy.aspx

If it does not link go to:

http://www.atsb.gov.au

and do search on "Ride On DVD"

Have ordered [AUD$20] for 43 minute video.

Also do search on www.google.com.au
    with exact phrase "Ride On motorcycle safety video"

Will give feedback when dvd arrives.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. gone dirt riding wanna try?

now the winters here and the zxr has been traded for a kxf250 and a cr85 been getting into the greatness that is trail riding.
    nz is great for the outdoors and the rain makes it more exiting even got the missus into it (knocked herself out at woodhill but got back on )having much more fun now than before and if anyone is looking to rent a dirt bike to see if they like it i can take u out contact yamahar64life we have a rm 125 great for the first timer or the advanced
  5. Selections 20 to 26 June 2007

Dedicated to the memory of our Mentor, Uncle B.

This week I am very pleased to read all the entries and would like to make special mention about the senior experienced riders contributions. I am sure that Mystery and discotex had a difficult time in deciding which entries to choose. All is good, and as an aside I attended a group ride in the Wairarapa last weekend and I am delighted to see some of the other riders provided good insight and comments on how the day went for them. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Showers falling as snow.

The forecast in the ODT this morning had the statement: "showers falling as snow". Interesting, I'd never heard this in a forecast before. True it was! Snow showers, light and not settling snow fell through to about 1300hrs. Was cold and then the 'showers' fell as rain for a while!
    About 0930 hrs I had to pop down town on the scooter commuter getting a frozen bum from these "showers falling as snow" which had frozen on the scotter seat. Yeah! For quality winter bike gloves which were up to ...
  7. coleridge ride

hope to ride ashburton to coleridge power station return on im hope sunday coming up
    hopeing for a fine day and not to cold
    (no snow) ?
    theres plenty of straights and then through the gorge and theres wicked cornering and then a few tighter cnrs that can actually catch you out a little ....even when you do know the road .....
    lets hope its a good day
  8. Winter Solstice

No sooner has Sue Bradford's anti-smacking bill become law than the stupid bitch is trying to introduce a 16 year old voting age...Where's it all going to end?? Politicians piss me off, but I can't be bothered getting involved so I guess I'll just stick to bitching about it and biking.

After a week of Snow down south, heaps of rain up north and the odd thunder storm in Wellington, we had a great weekend for riding. Saturday was a bit windy and marginal in the Wairarapa and Manawatu ...
    Categories
    Personal entry