View RSS Feed

Adventure/Dual Purpose Bikes

Riding any road. Tarmac, gravel or dirt.

1. Pamela the Bucket

by , 7th March 2008 at 19:02 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    3 March 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    So all in all, I had a great day, Pammy did a couple of strange things (mainly due to my riding I think), stalled mid corner a couple of times, didn't like me starting her, and then started to rev exsessively (she just wanted to go man!!, lol) due to the throttle cable getting pulled a bit tight.
    So a few things to sort out before next time, a few touch ups on the paint, some remoulding of the seat and put some more nylon on sticky out bits and reglue my ears.
  2. Pamela the Bucket

by , 7th March 2008 at 18:57 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    3 March 2008
    "Go put your gear on, I'll tell you what they say at the briefing", well, ok, so I trot off to put my crap on and head back with my bunny eared helmet in hand. Signed in, paid my $$, had Pamela looked over and surveyed the track as the others were out there blatting about.
    Right, lets see if she starts! Nope, not for me will she (total hussy, only likes Andrew!!), so once Skunk got her started I headed out with all the other noobs to try her out.
    Took it pretty quietly
  3. Pamela's first day in public

by , 7th March 2008 at 18:54 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    3 March 2008
    So I had a few nerves heading out to the Slipway, mainly due to the unknown. I'd never been and even watched the buckets before so had no idea what to expect, and Pamela had only been riden the 20 odd metres up and down Skunks driveway by me once (and like I know anything about what she's mean to feel like), so had visions of me piling onto the track and Pamela falling to bits underneath my big bum.
    Arrived a little late as had to drop a friend to the airport, to find everyone
  4. Today's THE day!!!

by , 7th March 2008 at 18:52 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    2 March 2008
    Ok, so yesterday was the last day I had to get Pamela ready. Nige sorted out putting her number boards on, and A.J had painted my bits that needed painting (Thank you so much Andy, let me know what your favourite meal is, did I hear you say roast? Great!! LOL) and so we assembled all those and then Kyle and Nige got to unbolting the centre stand and turned Pammy into a leaner.
    Ready to kick her over, everyone waited with baited breath to see if a) Trudes can kick start
  5. Pamela the Bucket

by , 7th March 2008 at 18:47 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    28 February 2008
    Leathers are sorted along with all my other bucket riding gears.
    Pamela... oh, dear Pamela. She is almost ready.
    Went on down to the bucket factory last night and we screwed in all her screws, new chain had been fitted by some nice person who smells badly, but is very helpful, so I guess we'll forgive him, and the levers and cables are all now nicely lubed and tightened and fitted. Bled the brakes, still some more needing doing with that, but she'll be right
  6. Pamela the Bucket

by , 7th March 2008 at 18:44 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    10 February 2008
    OK then... What happened to Pamela this weekend?
    Well our friendly Skunk got the triple clamps on for me during the week, so when I arrived on Saturday morning I filled the forks with oil and put the tops on (didn't spill a drop, however one is leaking we have discovered). Scrounged about for bolts and put the forks on, front wheel went on (sorta).
    Took the old cover off Pammy's seat and attacked the foam, cut as much as I dared off and made a shit of a mess.
  7. Part two

by , 7th March 2008 at 18:41 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    2 February 2008
    This morning I wandered down to the SNWMBF and was given some tools that I can't remember the names of and was told to strip Pam bare, much to Skunks amusement as I unnecessary undid screws and bolts only to find easier ones that would take off bigger parts *sigh*, meanwhile Skunk removed the motor and started to "tinker" with the bits that will make her go!
    AJ Turbo arrived and started sanding Pams tank and sprayed rust killer stuff on it, yah, no more 80's blue!
    Once
  8. Pamela the Bucket

by , 7th March 2008 at 18:39 (The Excellent Adventures of.. Trudes)
    2 February 2008
    So Pamela arrived last night, rooted on the back of Busa Pete and Mrs Busa Pete's Ute (thanks muchly guys).
    She was quickly uncovered for all to bask in her glory, she was unloaded and taken down to the Skunkworks Norf Welly Massif Bucket Factory where Slingshot promptly started to remove her inards. Skunk soon arrived to aquire his side cover (the whole reason Pamela came to Welly) before more bits went flying.
    Several of us took a seat on Pammy to have a beer in comfort.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast