View RSS Feed

Personal entry

Boring stuff about your boring life.

1. KB'ers Making it Real

Had a full-on week last week.

My nephew, Joe, has been overseas for 11 months and is currently travelling through Africa. While in Botswana last week, his bag was taken, complete with passport, and having arranged his travel insurance as his broker, that involved me more-so than it would have as just his uncle. (It all turned out well in the end.)

Then there was the Welly Luncheon and KB Gathering in Turangi. It amazes me that with 8,400 members, 30 could turn up to ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. sunday 3/6

woke to crystal blue day. went over to matamata thinking yay! lets go skydiving! thick fog cleared about 12. 1/2 dozen high loads, 3 low loads. bbq afternoon tea.

thought about selling my share in the Pitts and buying another Aprilia RS250....ironically i'm sitting here watching them kick arse in the MotoGP coverage.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. Paris to Austin - how hard could it be?

Wow - where to start?

I'm in the air over the US somewhere between Austin and Washington having just spent a long weekend in Texas with some great people. I'm short on sleep, looking a bit rough around the edges and I loved every minute of it. So here's what happened:

I was in Paris. A lovely place. We got down to breakfast and sit down. Help yourself type arrangement so... I do! I get the bowl, load up on some cereal and into it. Very very nice. Good for me and proud ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. We Privileged Few

After looking after my Moko's/mates Jake and Elane-Mei on Saturday (we played with Thomas, James, Edward & Diesel) I returned home to clean the ST in preparation for my first 'good' ride in a while on Sunday. The rest of Saturday was spent with our friends Murray & Ma'. The girls played golf at Titahi Bay while Murray & I went to the Classic Bike show in Lower Hutt.

The bike show was a rather interesting and nostalgic experience with a wide range of bikes displayed (probably 100 or ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. Gotta fix.....

Steering head bearings are notchy.Front brake calipers feel like they're siezed.Horn doesn't work.Replace Front tyre.After that it should be good for a while.Better change the oil while I'm at it.May as well do the katana while I'm there.Does it never stop ?I seem to spend as much time pissing around with them as I do riding.The zthou is a pig to park up.I have to drag the arse around 90 degrees.It's gotta weigh around 250kg.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Still buzzing.

Saturday 19 May, 11.30pm. Here's the original post.
    What a day. Even though it's late, I'm still amped!

Got up this morning at a leisurly hour, and after a bit of breakfast and posting my 1000th post (), I decided I'd ride in to Sportzone Suzuki here in Christchurch and join them on their weekly Saturday ride. Not as many bikes this week as other times I've been with them, but no worries. It seemed to be the day for SVs... there were at least three SV1000Ss and an SV650S... ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. The Little Things that ‘Make My Day’

It’s easy to get wrapped-up in our jobs and get too busy to enjoy the small moments that come along.

For me, my day is pretty much spent at a computer and there’s always plenty to get on with so it’s head-down, arse-up, but the highlight of my week is often a visit from my mate Jake.

Jake and Elane-Mei (pronounced E-lay-nee May) are my Moko’s, or more correctly my Great-nephew & Great-niece, or if you want to be really pc correct…my first cousins twice removed. Jake ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Prague - I made it... just!

Well I made it with the usual range of strange goings on along the way. Being strapped into a chair for 10 hours straight, minimal access to any exercise at all, and the occasional pee break between movies isn't my personal idea of a good time. Combine that with the prospect of another 12 1/2 hours of the same to follow, and a guy somewhere upwind farting every now and then and you have my flight in a nutshell.

I got to Singapore - "You wish to buy duty free sir?" I assume it was ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast