View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Heading down to the TT2000 (24/02/2011)

Toto’s not broken Honda hasn’t been sorted in the beginning of the week, so while he was offered one of the rental fleet of BMW, he declined, opting for his own GN250. Yeah, you read that right… he WANTED to do it on his GN250.

Of course, this meant his pace wouldn’t be quite up to mine. Actually, allow me to correct, his pace was slower than almost anyone else, and couldn’t barely ever reach the speed limit of 100kph. Thursday and Friday’s plans were altered slightly. He would head ...
  2. A letter to a hit and run cage driver

From the Crash 7pm Tuesday 1/3/11
    When I saw you slowing down I thought here is one to watch for.
    When I saw you brake I thought what is the fool going to do, watch him closely. I then moved to be a bit further from you.
    When you started to turn I thought how can that idiot not know I'm here. My bike is noisy and my horn is going. How far is this clown going to go before he realises that he is about to cause a crash. I braked hard and leaned the bike over as far as it would ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hit and run cage driver busted

Last night (1/3/11 7pm) I got skittled off the old XJ550 by a cage driver that decided at the last moment the he HAD to do a right turn from the left lane. He braked sharply and swerved across just behind the car I was following. I saw what he was about to do just before he did it and laid the bike down to the right. The skid looks good. It was quite short and did an almost 90° turn. The moron in the car just kept coming. He tried to go around me instead of stopping so it became obvious that I was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. That Was Nice!! - Part 2 (TT2000 Ride Day 2)

....................DAY 2.

Nooooooo! The alarm went off at 0530 and dragged me from my coma! Up up and away, I got dressed, packed the luggage panier, extracting the day’s supply of bananas and water for the top-box, checked the tyres – 42psi on the button, exchanged the summer gloves for winter ones out of the wets and fuel panier, tidied the topbox, snacked, had a nice hot cup of tea….and we were gone at 0630.

I thought it was bloody winter as scooted ...
  5. That Was Nice!! (TT2000 Ride Day1)

I hit the sack at 2100 on Thursday night, worried that it was too early to go to sleep, but I went out with the lights, only to be rudely awakened by the alarm at 1230. Excited to be on my way after a couple of months of plotting and planning with screeds of emails between Jantar, Gremlin and myself, I dragged myself from the bed with a groan, scrubbed up, boarded the already packed and prep’d Enterprise and scooted the 10Km down to the Bluebridge Terminal….where I waited, with the 10 ...
  6. Random police checkpoint

Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    @ $2200 it wouldhave to be a fucking minter

i am currently buying up all the 400-660 soon to be lam approved machines that i can get my hands on. i am going to make a small fortune.

(for $2200 i can easily get tidy cbr and zxr 400's and fairly well kept 600 single bangers)
    Good luck- I doubt it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Handlebars for 2007 Triumph Scrambler that fell over in the Chch quake

Hi There
    My friend has a Truimph Scrambler 2007 which fell over during the recent quake. The fall has bent the handlebars.

Does anyone know where to pick up a new or second hand one. The Truimph dealership in CHCH is out of action for the time being.

All help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Lee
  8. Riding around Europe

In early May I leave the mild winter of the Coromandel to spend three months riding my motorbike around Europe.

My route will take me from the UK, through the D Day beaches, down the Atlantic coasts of France and Spain, then Portugal. In mid June I will spend a week or so with friends in Spain, then it is off along the Med Coast to the sights of Italy, ferry to Greece , then through the Dalmatian coast , across to Austria, Czech Republic , Poland then up to the Baltic states . ...