View RSS Feed

Fatt Max

1. Back in Blighty & Beyond

Yes indeed, me, mrs and mini Max are now officially on holiday.

We left Auckland on Saturday night at 11.30pm, 11 hours later we are in Hong Kong, 2 hours at the airport then 12.5hrs to London. We land in perfect sunshine ready for a break away with the familiy and friends in the uk.

So, safely tucked into my dads Ford Focus and we head off down the M4 bound for the familiy home in the home of football, yes indeed folks, the mighty town (and stadium) of Wembley). ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Countdown to Oxfam Trailwalk 2010

Well, the new year is here at last, and now the serious training begins...

On April 10th 2010, myself and 3 chums named as team 'Shaken Not Stirred' will embark on the Oxfam trailwalk in Taupo. This is a team walk over 100km's through the day and the night which has to be completed in 36 hours. Our team are aiming for 24 - 29 hours all up meaning we will be crossing the finish line at about 10.00am on Sunday 11th April 2010 (my birthday....).

This is not a relay, we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 26km Walk Today

....and 4 weeks off the sauce as well....

Just done a 26km training walk through Woodhill Forest with the team. Fecking hard work but we all made it, even sneaked a peak at the MX guys who were out having a blat.

Could murder a beer but am off it. Still, made the walk and will have to make do with tea....and lots of it.

30km walk up next in 2 weeks, oh the fucking joy of it.....
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Three Weeks Down

So, no beer for three weeks and the training going well. Survived a night out on the piss last night being the designated driver and watching all around fall down drunk and talk bollocks.....brilliant entertainment.

More to come no doubt and I was more than happy to scoff the left over feed up cos all the others were crook with booze this morning.

Every cloud.....
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Half Marathon Nailed Today

Yep, hit a half marathon today, Milford Beach ro Devonport, up and down Mt Victoria and back to Milford via Takapuna Beach.

Great weather on the shore, saw plenty of great bikes out enjoying the sun and was very jealous, but gotta train so there you go.

Thinking of going for a blat this arvo but the weather out east was pants....still, it's all good fun
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. 17km Training Walk Today

....and I should have been out riding, but no, training called and I hit a 17km road walk in 2 hrs 48 minutes.

Now hanging out for a beer but there is no waym cant undo the good.

Fathers day tomorrow, me and the wee man out for brekkie and then the zoo, might get a ride in later on.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. So Far So Good....

Yep, no beer since the weekend. Have been offered a few, have certainly felt like a few but have abstained.

The weekend is approaching which means more training and thus more cravings for a cold one.....but I shall resist...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. 100 Days off the Piss

Blimey, so I agreed to do it....

Oxfam Trailwalk 2010 is now just over 8 months away, 100km's in under 30 hours. Trouble is, I'm carrying a bit too much around the midrift so to speak.

So, in an effort to become a slightly slimmer Fatt Max, I have decided along with the other team members to knock the booze on the head for 100 days, starting at midnight on 30th August 2009.

Counting down now to the big detox, but it has to be done..let's see how we go, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized