1. Newbie Training Update - Part 2

1 September 2006

As At Friday 1 September
    Elapsed Time Since Last Update: 7ays
    Riding days completed since last update: 5 days
    Distance Travelled 419km
    Total Distance 5273km [since 12 May]

Riding Focus:
    As for previous week - Pivot Steering and Two Step Vision procedures.
    This week Golf November Two Five Zero explored places for the first time the Akatarawa.

Before I start have you degreased and lubed your chain ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Newbie Training Update

This Blog Entry is dedicated to our Mentor - Uncle B

28 May 2006

Sunday Evening - completed 400km in Stokes Vegas this last fortnight, and haven't ventured outside the valley yet. My commitment to myself is to do 1000km at least until the end of June, here in the Vegas [probably driving the locals crazy thinking they have somebody casing their street etc etc], but seriously, I have found the last two weeks damn good running here practising each day for an hour or two. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Cruising akl-wgtn

Set off around 9am thinking the traffic might have lightened up in Akl, no such luck, crawled all the way from North Shore to Mt Wellington, then managed to open her up a little to cruise at 90-100kph till the Bombays.
    Man there is a lot of bikes out today(thurs), must be making an early run on easter also. Weather is good, till we get to Taupiri, and we make a left to do the nice bendy bits through Gordonton and onto Cambridge.
    Hell that was the plan but the fog is right down to ...
  4. Prep for the weeks cruise

Hell, only a couple of days to go before we head off on a 1500 odd kms cruise down the country. Its the first really long ride this bike has had, Ive just run up 2000kms from new, nicely run in and she is performing sweet.
    Pannieirs are all loaded with warm liners tops and bottoms, Tool kits are checked and coorect, puncture kit, tyre gauge etc all crammed into the small compartment. Blast the new packrack tray (read expensive piece of chrome) aint arrived in the country yet so have had ...
  5. Tin Cans

So I got my ARROWS done - Defiantly louder than before, still getting my head around the sound. Dunno if its just me but I feel it does sound a bit 'tinny' - the fact that the guts is missing may have something to do with that......... However it has a significant 'Roar' over 7,000. Very nice, me likey.

One thing I have really noticed is a slight increase of lower RPM torque. It revs more freely and the front wheel is feeling a bit lighter than ever before on traffic-light ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Honda RS125

Well, my mechanical skills have been still going strong on my bike, with more items being taken of and checked then put back on.
    Im just sorting out a set of rubber, dont no if i want dunlop or bridgestone, i like riding on bridgestone, but dunlops last longer with heat cycles etc?????
    Im also sorting out some parts for my bike? "TOP SECRET"
    Well hope this is informing you!
    Sam
    Categories
    Competition Riding
  7. Running In.. Boulevard C90T

Well, its been a month or so since we purchased bike number 8 or 9, cant keep count anymore, but this ones a far cry from some of the earlier rides, eg, Vellocette 350cc, Honda 50cc, Triumph 500cc ST, Jawa 350, Arial, Honda CB750F, Puch Scooter, Honda 175, Suzuki Gn250, to name just a few.
    The latest, Suzuki VL1500cc C90T is just the ride this old biker needs, smooth low and mid range torque, heaps of legs, and enough grunt to handle 2 up touring without having to kick down much if at all. ...
  8. Learner license is 4 months old

Happy birthday to my learner license. It is 4 months old. Can't wait for it to reach 6 months old so I can GET RID OF IT!

The L plate is all cracked and it vibrates and makes a terrible noise. Sounds like the bike's falling apart at certain revs.
    Categories
    Personal entry