View RSS Feed

Phreak

1. A Year In The Life Of A Biker

So, I decided (after being told by several people in the past) to start a blog.

Dunno if anyone out there will be even slightly interested in my ramblings, but here's the address:

http://ayearinthelifeofabiker.blogspot.co.nz/

So far I've only done the Intro, but hopefully will be posting up on it every day (or so!) with my thoughts, ride experiences, and just general stuff going on in my life.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Part 4, and home again.

Finally found the time to write down the events on the last leg of my (short) trip away, being the return trip home from New Plymouth...

Left Dad's place at about lunch-time on Sunday, after a long talking to from Dad about the need for effective wet weather gear when riding... Yup, thanks Dad, I'm sick of being wet and cold and miles from anywhere warm! That said, I'm definitely keen to get my hands on a full new set of 'winter' gear, if anyone knows of where I can get good deals... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Part 3... and a change of plans...

So, got to catch up with heaps of friends in Wellington, between rain-drops - the whole riding in the rain thing kinda sucks when my gear most definitely ISN'T waterproof... This morning, however, God decided to smile down on us and provided an absolutely gorgeous day! Sun shining again, hardly a breath of wind, and I made the decision to head back home early...

The reason for this is that a really good friend of mine in Wellington was really strapped for cash, needed to pay some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Part 2 of the journey...

Part two of my ride was on Wednesday, from New Plymouth to Wellington...

The weather in N.P. on Wednesday morning was amazing, almost too good to leave behind! The sun was out in force, not a cloud in the sky... Got on the road at 9am, for a quick stint to see my Step-Mum at the school she works at, in Inglewood. Man it was good to be out on the road again! Seriously guys, we should all be doing this more often. The absolute freedom is the best kind of stress-relief that I can find! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 2 week holiday on the Bike!

Okay, thought I'd write a little down about my journey around the North Island over my holiday...

Got the CBR back up to spec again, thanks to the guys at Cycletreads for the new chain and sprockets, you have restored my faith in people!

Starting from home, on Auckland's North Shore, I left yesterday at about 10am after filling up with gas and packing the minimum gear I figured I'd need into my bag. (Spare change of clothes, shaving gear, laptop, cell-phone, and chargers...) ...

Updated 19th May 2010 at 23:05 by Phreak (Update, Part 2!)

Categories
    Uncategorized