View RSS Feed

Scubbo

1. does more than just commute

a fun little trip down through port waikato and around that area --- Waikato river had overtaken Murray road, was a nice little diversion on the way out

Middle-Zealand

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. new commuter

I was looking a long time for a new commuter, maybe a scooter, but then RedBarron had a special on the XTZ125 with a Ventura topbox @ $3200+ orc

right off the bat, what a fantastic bike for tall riders (i'm 184cm / 90kg) and the Knee/seat position is very relaxed and comfortable, the handlebar height and grip is comfy, all better than my last 3 DRZs that I had raised bars and filed down pegs to lower the footing etc

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Piefinding on the RF

great riding this time of year

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. bought an RF

best purchase i've done in a while, grinning the whole ride back from wellington

11xMiles now 12xMiles, neat.

Categories
    Personal entry
  5. Somewhere in the Hunua Ranges

Always wanted to ride around in the forest after finding the entrance that I couldn't get my big bike through, luckily the little thing can squeeze through the stall the mountain bikers use

- Amazing trails/roads in this place

- Steep wet clay hill, little bike has no problems

- Some places don't look ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Somewhere Under Manukau

finding new places in Manukau I never knew existed after 5 years of living here, good thing this thing is easy to get up stairs

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. out with the new, in with the old

Ended up selling the 2013 drz400sm as was needing a family car

was able to get a a nice nissan maxima + trailer + this drz400ek1 for the price I sold the SM for, so am happy I can still ride whilst having a safe family car

the guy I bought the E from was really great, looked after the bike well, I just had to replace the front sprocket (and wanted to gear it down) so its now got a new f/r sprocket and new chain. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. fun with rear tires on front wheel supermoto offroad @_O

Thought i'd try out what others have done overseas, put some kenda k270's onto the drz400SM rims --- couldnt break the bead myself so had Botany Honda do it, they did a great job.

offroad (rutty clay on construction sites) they performed great, front is a bit sketchy but the drz seems to climb over some pretty gnarly terrain with them on

Onroad they're great, able to cruise at 100kph with no worries, tight corners ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast