View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

Bike touring overseas.

1. Virgin Sux!

This blog is in two parts. The first was written but not posted in December 2014.

Pt 1 - Virgin Sucks!
    written 14/12/14

We went to the Gold Coast the other week and booked via Air New Zealand but ended up flying on Virgin Airlines....partners sharing and all that jazz.

The trip started out as a weekend in Brisbane to see the Lion King, but it seemed like a waste to go all that way for two days so we made it a week on the GC and were joined ...
  2. Mike Hyde -Twisting Throttle- TT2000, Sad news

It is with a heavy heart I have to inform you all that Mike Hyde passed away on the 3rd of Aug 2015 after losing his fight a brain tumor. He will be dearly missed by his wife and two children plus his extended family. As well and many friends around the world.

Ride on Mike ride on.
    You do the book on the next routes Mike and we will follow.
  3. Motorcycling in Phuket (Pt2)

Commercially, stepthrus rule! They carry everything including the kitchen sink.....and the bar-b-q!!

....or the recyling.

You can use them to ...
  4. Motorcycling in Phuket (Pt 1)

We spent a week in Phuket recently and that was a bit if an eye opener.

On the night we arrived, I was gobsmacked as we were driven to our resort at Patong Beach (about 40 minutes) and small bikes and scooters were passing us on both sides, and vice versa. Then at one point, a bike passed us on the inside, then continued to pass the vehicle in front of us as they negotiated a right hander. My heart was in my throat because the road was quite narrow and twisty, with no verge and a ...
  5. Holiday snaps

6. Make My Day charity ride 2013

Make My Day Charity Ride 2013
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	make my day logo 2013 300dpi.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	289015
    Where: www.druryperformancecentre.co.nz 257 Great South Road Drury
    When: 10:00am on the 10th of November 2013
    why: To Raise 7k to purchase a special needs vehicle for solo mother Darilyn Robbie and her disabled daughter Kayla Robbie Brougham
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSCN5496.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	522.3 KB 
ID:	289016

How much: $20.00 per person
    What's in it for me:
    Loop Ride
    Win a set of Dunlop motorcycle tyres
    Win ...
  7. morocco bound

The first glimpse of the UK after a summer spent in New Zealand was comforting. It is, in spring; a soft land, without the intensity of light and the raw,adolescent edge of the Coromandel landscape. The spring flowers and trees blush colour against the grey overcast sky.

In a few months, the Olympics will be held in London. And like the rugby World cup's impact, there is a dulux freshness about the airports,public buildings and roads. Union Jacks, bunting, billboards, ...
  8. Riding in OZ.

Now living and riding a VStar in Western Oz, and about to embark on a 6000K epic ride from Sydney to Perth with 3 mates.

http://stefford.wordpress.com/
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast