View RSS Feed

Sport/Road Bikes

Two wheels and sometimes one, on the tarmac

1. What a long road of Prep

Biker Bee and myself have feverishly prepping our stable of buckets, getting ready for the next KoK. We need to make the next meeting in Sept though to give the bikes and good shake down. here's how they stand;

IKASU ("Old but cool"), RX125 powered RG50 chassis, mid repairs, looking at transplanting engine into another frame.

WANISAMI ("Sword"), RG50, all ready to go. If anyone wants to have a turn at buckets PM me.

ZENSEN ("Fight the good fight"), CBR150, ...
  2. BEARS race bikes for hire

Anyone interested in giving BEARS race ago? The BEARS club in Canterbury has 2 Ducati 400 race bikes they hire out for only $100 per meeting. This covers all costs, fuel, entry, day license. The idea is to encourage new riders into the sport by letting them have a go first before purchasing their own bike. You must be a competent road rider or had some junior competition experience. For more details & photos see their site. www.bearsracingnz.com
  3. Ladies Burn out Comp

calling all bikers
    Do not miss out this action packed event.

Come along and learn practical tips on bike care
    Also get taught the basics on how to do a burn out.
    Men talking to Men, guys come along and learn loads about the latest bike tyres for sport and touring bikes.
    Then watch the Ladies battle it out for the best BURN OUT.

Where DPC: Drury performance centre
    257 Gt sth Rd Drury
    When 5:30pm to 9pm ...
  4. 2005 Honda VTR 250

5. The Coro Loop ... sort of...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00056-20111119-1308.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	421.7 KB 
ID:	250923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00059-20111119-1442.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	493.0 KB 
ID:	250924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00062-20111119-1630.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	250925Well Marggy and I set off after she got home from taking her mum grocery shopping... (yes she really is that nice)

Unable or willing to face the Auckland traffic... I guided the Harley out through Morrinsville and Paeroa to Thames... we stopped at the Bakehouse for a coffee and then set forth around the various small bays and towns that make up the coastal section of the loop.... the Harley carving ...
  6. BIG BIKES for Burma

Charity Ride
    When ...................This Sunday @2:30pm 6th of November
    Where...................Meet @ DPC 1:45PM 257 Gt south Rd Drury
    or head straight to Albany The Warehouse carpark @2:30pm
    WHY.....................Awareness for the Burmese refugees in Thailand
    Whats in it 4 me....Spot Prizes, also 2 x Track day at Pukekohe circuit will be given away

How much............Donations welcome but not necessary ...
  7. The journey ahead and the beaten path travelled..

It's been over a year now that i threw my leg over my ZZR and went off happily into the inner city traffic that Auckland has to offer. I look back with a smile, admiring how far I have come and what I have learnt along the way. I remember when nearly everyday i would be bitching about some car driver cutting me off or doing something stupid and nearly killing me etc.. and it's dawned on me that it hasn't happened in a long, long time, I have learnt to be aware of the situations around me and anticipate ...
  8. Feeling the beauty of riding the perfect race

Well the one last time ride I expected the last one to be wasn't and was followed by 2 practices and and 11/2 days of racing.

This first practice was lots of heart leaping little thomas the tank engine's "I can do this, I can do this."

The second practice was lets get some decent laps times and was more than happy with 46 sec laps (about a sec off my top consistent times)

With first day weather packing up and I crashing I'd had enough and went home after ...
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast