Blog Comments

More changes, thanks.
    Very interesting talking to Dave at Taupo today. Looking forward to more tomorrow.
    Another fine read Plum
    Cool, I'm so envious.
    Cool story, kids are so gullible
    Nice pics of the bike too, that is a lot of lean for a big machine!
    Very much enjoying your tales. Happy and safe
    riding for the future.
    Can't help you on the MZ's but I can't recall seeing any in my 10 years over here in NZ.
    I'm more interested in your CL400. Can you give me a review of your experiences with it.
    I'm particularly keen to know whether it suffers bad vibration at 60mph. Hope not 'cos I want one to play on.
    Ta
    booked my place with the white trash man at TSS and looking forward to an evening of learning from a different perspective
    Really enjoying your travels - thanks and Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigybob
    Just read ya blog.I been riding since i ws 15yrs old and im old now and still going.My 2bits worth is always keep scanning.
    Ahead of u,way ahead of u.Sides and mirrors.Never ever trust the fckers.Your invisible to them.Whatever way they are indicating
    dont believe it for a moment.Same as for intersections.Im always ready to slam on the anchors or open her up.My motto is Take no prisoners.Im out to enjoy the ride,i dont need some twat tryng to make my ride difficult.If you get a gut feeling about some car close to you open her up and leave the fcker in yor past.Probably go out for a ride and get taken out now ive wrote this.
    Murphys Law lol
    Yep!! Thats exactly right!
    Just read ya blog.I been riding since i ws 15yrs old and im old now and still going.My 2bits worth is always keep scanning.
    Ahead of u,way ahead of u.Sides and mirrors.Never ever trust the fckers.Your invisible to them.Whatever way they are indicating
    dont believe it for a moment.Same as for intersections.Im always ready to slam on the anchors or open her up.My motto is Take no prisoners.Im out to enjoy the ride,i dont need some twat tryng to make my ride difficult.If you get a gut feeling about some car close to you open her up and leave the fcker in yor past.Probably go out for a ride and get taken out now ive wrote this.
    Murphys Law lol
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ
    Haved you saved enough to finally trade up to an ST??
    Hehe, the local dealer tried to get me in to ride an ST, but I was busy with various things in December running up to Christmas.

Considering the complete lack of neat things it has stock, it's a trade down, and I'm not ready to join the grandpas yet
    Haved you saved enough to finally trade up to an ST??
    Seems we both had quiet years... Yes, the IAM systematic approach to riding is quite rigid, but as with many things, there is no hard and fast rule for every situation. It is more about applying the principles to every moment when riding and choosing the best position etc.

I've even posted a blog too!
    Sounds like a lot of fun, except the shooting stuff!

Have a great time!
    Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun and improved some skills at the same time!

Win!
    Good on ya Dad, proud of you. You keep 'em chasing ya tail!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo
    Here's a few things I've been taught:

• Make up your mind and commit - you need to be decisive. Slight hesitation can cost you seconds of precious braking, speeding up or swerving time.
    • Awareness of surroundings: I regularly check my mirrors because I need to know my escape routes.

Also, I always cover my brakes while commuting
    Ohhhhhh yes those are 2 biggies!!
    The 2nd rider in the video must have been the fastest one to do the whole thing. Good stuff fulla!
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby
    That's a gnarly layout.
    Mind if I post the vid in the Gymkhana thread on ADVrider?
    Not a problem. The 3 components of the Comp course were: Fairfax; a modified Offset Cloverleaf; and Black Rum. All were actually 20% Oversize....so we're nowhere near the Yank Police standard.