Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TOTO
    have you got some road 3 tyres waiting for you somewhere along the way ?
    Trying to sort currently. Emailed them today, and they said of all their suppliers, the best they can get is shipping 4th August, which would be there around the right time. They've also suggested a contingency, in case they aren't there...

I may need to contact Las Vegas to see if I can get a set there as well, or just ship them to NZ...
    Many Americans require speaking slowly to. Using small words helps also Interesting ride. Good pics. Thanks.
    wow, that fish and chips must have come with a plastic key of some sort, no ?
    have you got some road 3 tyres waiting for you somewhere along the way ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes
    Have you got a key to the track yet?
    I decided to spend the money on a race shock and cam instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanpo
    The sand spilling out covering half of the road doesn't look like a lot of fun.
    Had any moments?
    It was on a side road, not on the main road. I saw it, and it was so bizarre, I turned around to take a photo.
    The sand spilling out covering half of the road doesn't look like a lot of fun.
    Had any moments?
    Yeah, not the sort of scenery I'd think if I thought of america. Beautiful.
    I'm amazed the roots of trees that big, that close to the road don't tear it up with their roots
    Shortly down the road near Inverness, Karen (my GPS, after the voice name… Australian Karen) throws a tantrum, turning off.
    Didn't you have this same issue on the recent marathon you did with TODD on his GN?

I likened it to having the three hottest women in the world, at once, and they all wanting you…
    That's kind of sad

(but heh, they trusted me!)

YOU FOOLS!

jumping in the pool for the first time in ages (I specially bought a pair of swimming shorts for the trip), which felt fantastic
    I hope it wasn't the swimming trunks that made you feel fantastic
    that forest road is awesome.
    Looks like you can almost fit a BMW 1200GSA in the Mini Guppy. Probably have the panniers stick out but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO
    Sunburn? That never happens to Gremlin.
    Thanks... bastard
    Quote Originally Posted by andybandit
    To clarify, I was wondering if you were heading for the Rockies, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Vegas etc etc.
    Yep, doing all that. Read future days for those all those things. Sturgis is 8-10th August ish, and from there, we head south to Grand Canyon, Vegas etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313
    Typical, when you are forced to move it early, you can do it! Next time I'll leave you and you can catch up later! :P
    How nice of you... except I'm playing catch up to Harleys that like going to Harley shops, ice creams etc. In short, I stop less.
    Another inspiring tale best you check to see if you still have a pulse preferable in the daylight & if you DON'T smell a strong odor of burning flesh your OK to proceed
    Sunburn? That never happens to Gremlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by baptist
    Say hello to Stepney for me while your there (wonder if they still speak English there?)
    I shall try, I'm orf daaahnnn the east end on Tuesday, lets see how the lingo goes, eh
    Nice pics - you should have used the camera in the wooded road area dagnabbit! Looking like some mighty fine purty places you heading around.

And why doesn't it strike me odd, that something blew up with you around?

Sunburnt gremlin ... still haven't learnt your lesson yet?
    Interesting read. Corruption is sure bad in the Former East, I toured around a bit of the East before the wall came down and was once stopped in Yugoslavia by a lada driving cop...Radar he said and pointed at 110km on the BMW's speedo......yeah right.... wrote down the ticket amount and I counted it out...... was under a pound.
    I found playing dumb, and being prepared to wait worked at borders.... they always seemed to have " charges"
    Got pinged at the Romanian river crossing from Bulgaria for 'city taxes" then it was refunded by the real customs guy.... quite funny afterwards.
    Only time I had guns pointed at me was in Northern Ireland by edgy British Paras....they were fine when they heard the accent.
    keep the posts coming.
    Say hello to Stepney for me while your there (wonder if they still speak English there?)