View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Continental Road Test

Two thumbs Up!

Qkkid tested the new rear tyre last night on the ATNR. The test grounds were at night in fine weather but it would be interesting to find out how well the tyre copes in hot weather/hard riding conditions (if the tread rips up/marbles etc). The fact he had only done 50kms on it before leading the pack, goes to show how sticky the tyre was already. Now the next tests will have to be in wet weather and also the longetivity of the tyre..........keep ya posted.
  2. Honda RS125

Well my bike has been running well, except for a few minor glitches, but that comes with the game.
    I Just done the Cliff hanger hill sprints, they were good fun, but im to use to track riding, beiong able to see wots comming up.
    My bike went good, the exhaust leaked a tad but natn mayjor!

Got home 2nyte to continue my repairs/genaral inspection on my bike, the exhaust i have a plan so it wont leak...2 springs, 2 seals and 2 gaskets! bomb prof, well i will update you ...
  3. I love this time of year

It's finally getting cool enough to wear my protective gear without melting. I wish it could stay March all year round.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Continental Tyres

Got a new rear tyre fitted to Qkkid's ZX10R. The last one was that rooted the canvas was poking through. Went down to Motohouse (Saturn Pl, Albany) John did us a deal, got the tyre fitted on the bike all for $285. It's a Sport-Attack very similar grade to Pilot Powers so it will be interesting to see if they go the same distance. Once the front tyre gets down a bit more we'll put one on there........

Qkkid will be testing/scrubbing in the new tyre tonight on the ATNR so I'll let ...
  5. GSXR 1000 K6 Tail tidy

Hey Guys, Anyone know where you can get a tail tidy for a GSXR 1000 K6 with led light in Auckland? Also the price?
  6. On my OE

Well, blogging eh? Have to say I'm totally new to it, have never done it before or even read many, but I'm so bored I don't know what to do right at the moment. So here goes a random post.

At the moment I'm three months through a four month working holiday in the UK, based in Leeds. Totally the wrong time of the year to come - most of the tourist attractions are closed during the off season, so there's been a number of things we haven't been able to do, but the assignment term ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Dad's Progress

Just an update for Friends and Family:

Dad is still seriously ill at the North Shore Hospice. Mum is doing really well keeping a bed-side presence and attending to his needs.

We still don't know how much time he has, it could be a week it could be several months. The Doctors cannot put a timeline on his condition. However he is getting weaker by the day and does tend to sleep more each day partly due to the sedatives he is receiving (he gets anxoius when theres needles ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Qkkid does his first Pillion

Its been a while in the making......

Every single time we have had to or decided to 2-up, I have always been the rider in control. However a milestone happened on Friday night, where I grit my teeth and let Qkkid take the reigns.

To be honest I really enjoyed being a pillion! He did a great job, only a couple of small jabs in the ribs to remind him I'm on the back. To tell the truth it was the first time for me on the back seat of a sports bike looking ...
    Categories
    Survival Skills