View RSS Feed

Sport/Road Bikes

Two wheels and sometimes one, on the tarmac

1. THey are alive, alive, alive I tell ya

A good day with both bikes firing into life. I spent a couple of hours putting Ikasu back together and she showed her appreciation by firing up first kick. Mark has done her proud with the engine work as it feels a lot smoother.

The next step give both of them seats so I can test ride them.
  2. IT LIVES (again)

Zensen started this morning after I finished putting her together. There is a big BUT with the battery getting 16.7 volts, which means the regulator/rectifier maybe fried. So more fun testing
  3. Mike Nash's New Website BottomOfTheWorld.net

Hello,

Just letting you know that Mike Nash (some of you may know Mike from reading various Bike publications in New Zealand) has a new site which he will be updating with all his new articles, reviews and lots of photos. There is already a few great reads on there, check out the reviews of the Brass Monkey this year.

Address is www.bottomoftheworld.net

Would love to hear any feedback!

Thanks,
    Rowan c/o Mike Nash
  4. And back we go and another one starts.

I have decided to put Zensen and myself on diets as I am heading back off to A Grade. After winning B Grade for the second time I'm sort of in the position of being really too fast for B but not quite fast enough for A Grade.

So to hopefully gain the 1-2 second improvement in times I'm aiming to slim the bike by 20 kg. Amy and I removed the fairing and mount, losing 4.5 kg. Next I'm going to remove the rear cone off the exhaust and see how much that saves versus noise (as in I'll ...
  5. Make My Day Charity Ride, Lisa has picked her coffin

Hi it is Anthony here from Drury tyres/Drury Performance Centre on Sunday the 24th of July 10:30am we are having another charity ride, meeting at 257 GT STH Rd Drury.
    This year we aim to purchase a special needs vechicle for Lisa Marie Jeptha, her parents do not own a vechicle and the family would love to get out and about to spend time with Lisa before she passes.
    Lisa is terminally ill and is not expected to make it to her 12th birthday, she has muscular dystrophy and she is producing ...
  6. TT2000 on a GN250 - Sunday - Day 2 of TT2000

Sunday – Day 2 of TT2000

Day two started at 5:30am. My phone alarm was piercing the silence like an ice pick. It was getting louder and louder and the whole bed was vibrating due to the silent vibration alert being on as well. Looked at the phone screen and wondered why the hell the alarm went off so damn early, then the pain from my tail bone reminded me. Day 1 already behind me with 1100kms on the GN combined with some rough south island had resulted a super painful backside. Never ...
  7. TT2000 on a GN250 - Saturday - Day 1 of TT2000

Saturday – Day 1 of TT2000

Beep, beep, beep – 4:30 and the alarm was going. It didn't take long for the Gremlin and I to get packed up and jump on the bike this time. We were both excited about the two days ahead. Went to the Gas station and Mr. Gremlin proceeded to fill up his fuel tanker while I was busy lubricating the chain on the GN. There were already a bunch of TT riders at the gassy and I could see that the GN had already sparked interest amongst some of them and was seeing ...
  8. TT2000 on a GN250 - Friday - Picton to Dunedin

Friday – Picton to Dunedin:

6:30am I wake up, luggage on the bike, filling the bike and I’m off. Riding south, the feeling was much similar to the one I had the previous day – anxious to get to my destination. I get quite happy travelling through new places and as boring as SH1 is it was still interesting to trough some parts I hadn’t done before. The GN was slow but a huge problem as I was staying on a healthy 95km/h most of the time. The thing with the GN250 is that you almost never ...
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast