Blog Comments

Well… I hate to brag but we usually take existing parts to the wholesaler with us, then inspect, then purchase… but what would I know? I'm not an avionics engineer… I'm just a normal day to day sparky.

HAH!

sounds like you had a lot of fun that a book won't tell you.

IE: for inferior replacements we have ensured they won't fit so we can screw you harder by first confusing the crap out of you then making you pay three times the price once you have understood that there IS ONLY ONE WAY (I have a mother who I swear rides a broom on her days off….. well….. even her days on!) So I understand EXACTLY how you feel soldier

I swear to god the "Mafia" is the less of the two evils between them and the "Government!"
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    Stink! X-ray looks identical to mine a few months ago...
    Did yours get operated on? I find out who and when mine gets done tomorrow
    Stink! X-ray looks identical to mine a few months ago...
    ride a motorbike , travel with my lover or my biker friends !
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl
    Bugger about the break Shane, you gave us marshalls some excitement for the day.

Recover well.
    Would've preferred not to give you a reason to charge across the sand trap, but I'm glad you guys were there

Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt
    Well thats a bit shit. At least it was low speed. I assume the bike is fine?
    Bent the footpeg hanger and a clip on. It'll take a hell of a lot longer to fix me than it will to fix the bike

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    I didn't really think you were the type to go throwing yourself about the scenery...
    I try not to but this one I didn't screw up.
    Makes me feel like I should have kept my mouth shut !

Standard H4 bulbs on the conscience, no problem as long as you have the hands of a ten year old girl......
    I didn't really think you were the type to go throwing yourself about the scenery...

Guessed wrong

I actually have my ute at the track when marshalling now for random things like that, plus riders on ART days... only time I know of it occurring (you)... I don't marshall for Hamilton
    Never a dull moment, excuse the pun in your house Koro.
    Well thats a bit shit. At least it was low speed. I assume the bike is fine?
    Bugger about the break Shane, you gave us marshalls some excitement for the day.

Recover well.
    I broke a headlight on the HD.

Went to the agent they asked if it was smoke,pattern or jeweled as there is 3 types.

I said it was clear which was the jeweled one. The guy went out back and came back with a box and said that is $72 and it came with a new bulb and small wiring harness.
    No such thing as "just a bulb" John! The standard 65w bulbs which my Street Triple came equipped with were abysmal compared with the same wattage xenon bulbs made by Ring Automotive I used on the Grand Challenge. Got them from Autobulbs Direct in the UK at a very sharp price.

Cheers,

Geoff
    I am a little surprised with all the riding on 3 ST's you have never had this issue arise. I have had it twice and know better than to muck around with it myself. I have the Honda dealer change the bulb.
    Haha, but a highly important bulb! I'm sure the lekky version of me had nothing to do with it That said, knowing how to change the bulb is always important, as you always have to change them at the worst of times!

I think it was the 2009 Grand Challenge, about 2330 on the way to Te Kuiti, I'm following my boss, mate behind us, that I lose forward light (only one bulb on the KTM). Instant, WTF, dash lights are on, bike is running, but no headlight. Try high beam, ok, low beam, nothing... right, I've lost low beam. Sit on high beam until Te Kuiti.

Mate (first and only GC) panicks like crazy in Te Kuiti, telling me that's the ride ruined, no way can you wait until dawn before continuing, OMG, what are you going to do etc. Once he's mostly finished freaking out I calmly reply I'm replacing it Yes, I reply, I'm carrying a spare. Bit of messing about and 15min later the bulb is replaced and we're all good to go.

Then there was the failed quick trip to Cape Reinga that ended in Kaitaia with no low beam. Then I lost high beam returning and rode by indicator light. A mate picked up a speeding ticket coming north to Whangarei with spare bulbs (some of which were also blown). Perhaps that explains why the BMW has all the "backup" lights

Ah... lights
    Thinking of coming up for the NI 1600. Have hardly turned a spoke on the AT since the TT2000. Will also need to HTBU. See you in October ferries pemitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    I think your ETAs are out. You stopped for lunch but your ETA went down 35 min?
    *Sigh*....thinking 6, meaning 18, writing 16. It's right now!
    I think your ETAs are out. You stopped for lunch but your ETA went down 35 min?
    Is it possible to delete a thread you've started?
    Quote Originally Posted by 10bikekid
    Not sure if you are supposed to continue story here or as a new post
    Well, it's your blog, so you do whatever you like. However, don't put the blog in the comments section.

Personally, if I blog, I write a lot (which is why I don't blog often ) so a 3-4 day trip might be 2 blogs, and they're written then posted. Something longer, it's easier to split each day into a single blog. I'd never bother making one day multiple blogs.
    A for effort these sort of things can drive a lessor man nuts
Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast