View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. BRM round 3

Now that was a good weekend cos I learnt a hell of a lot.

Saturday my wife and I rolled out of bed a bit later than we should've, buggered around for longer than we should've and generally dragged our arses. Neither of us wanted to get out of bed at such a ridiculous time, her because she doesn't ride bikes (working on correcting that particular failing but a fix is gonna take a while) and me because it'd been a long week. After I'd made us both a decent cup of coffee ...
  2. Learner Ride to Taupo (Saturday 11 Feb 2012)

TiiHiiHeee hihihi ...ON...let me count the ways my lil hummingbird..Newbi Newbi...come on Chica...facials hmmmm gurlz best friend, keeps the pores refreshed and hydrated. Amused Phreak...bit of relaxation after work to take the edge off. hehehe...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Riding in OZ.

Now living and riding a VStar in Western Oz, and about to embark on a 6000K epic ride from Sydney to Perth with 3 mates.

http://stefford.wordpress.com/
  4. Only 2 chances this year to improve your riding at every track you ride on any bike

Quote Originally Posted by neil_cb125t View Post
    Us coaches haven't been told that, certainly hope not! so many things dictate when you can and can't book race tracks these days.
    Great your down for level 1 matey....... ill catch you there, you'll be amazed!
    Can this not be run at any other track? Taupo only books 6 months out and is a good track with various configurations... Suitably cheaper to hire too, and with good facilities in a central location.... just thinking out loud
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. NOW stupid, not NWO

More ramblings, heh...

NOW is a "guide" for change. NOW is the New Ordered World. Suitably ironic?

The current Government, and Governments past, have had access to every resource they require to "run" New Zealand and I believe that they do not get the maximum value from those resources in any way shape or form.

In order to be financially competitive around the globe New Zealand must make the maximum use of all of its resources.

To get ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Love/Hate Ducati ownership

I've written about my love/hate relationship with the Ducati before, but it has reached epic proportions this time.

Bike has 33,567kms on the clock.
    It is due a chain and sprockets, but thats not the kicker.
    It has had its starter rebuilt (yet only 32k when it was done? shit!) but I have been told that the high compression makes these motors harder on the starter to turn over.

Now I love this bike to bits, even though I have tried selling it twice, I end ...
  7. Hornet reaches a milestone (19/01/2012)

It’s been a little while coming, but was always thought of as an eventuality, rather than a possibility.

Provided to me for work at the start of 2007, with 26,000km on the clock (she’s a 2005), she ticked over the 100,000km mark on Thursday. I know only of Toto’s Hornet (130,000km) and a courier’s Hornet (200,000km+) that have higher mileage. Bulletproof things they be.

She’s proven to be incredibly reliable, low maintenance and excellent value for money. Tyres (Michelin ...
    Categories
    Riding!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120119-00048.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	255730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120119-00050.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	255731  
  8. Why does kiiwibiker have such a low level of technical support?

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Montgomery View Post
    where's the best place to buy a sparkplug for my 250 and what sort of spanner fits my bike because the chain seems looser than it should be and sometimes falls off when I'm riding. Also is it OK to have wavy-shaped teeth on the back sprocket? Mine are smooth and quite rounded and look like a different style than on other bikes. I've noticed on hills there seems to be a slipping clacking sound, is this normal? I've fallen off a few times now, mainly just loss of control more than anything,
    Categories
    Uncategorized