View RSS Feed

Kiwikat - No more training wheels.

Returning to motorcycling after nearly thirty years has been an awesome journey. The spills, the thrills, the groups, the friends.

I hope you enjoy my ramblings.

Feilding Riders

1. Back in the Saddle.

Apart from a few scars (doctors always asking "have you had your appendix out") the worst bit about smashing what was a mint Suzuki GT380, is that they (Suzuki Dealer in Feilding) rebuilt it.

The bike rode like crap after that and vibrated at over 120k. (I think they were trying to get back at me for when I accidentally crashed there bultaco trials bike when I was 14. Geez I didn't know it was grunty, I'd only ever ridden a farmbike once before.)

So back on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Another crash

Back in 78 I traded in my Honda CB175 on a Suzuki GT380M, two stoke triple. A bike with a lot of chrome, four exhausts, and digital dash it was a reasonably advanced bike and I thought it pretty quick. I'd already come off the Honda a couple of times but thought I was invincible.

I was visiting a friend who lived at the top of the big hill just out of Cheltenham and we headed of down to the Cheltenham dairy. He was on a GT250 2 up so I just blatted past him down the hill. I didn't ...