View RSS Feed

scuzeme

1. Birth of an R6 Superstock #4

Shit, August since my last blog but trying to settle into a new place and racing the last couple of rounds of the VMCC winter series has left me a little preoccupied, but I’m relieved to say that I have completed the build of my 2010 R6 into a racing machine.
    The goal is to race the Yamaha at the 2011 nationals in the super stock class but I do have some club races coming up and have brought the bike up to a competitive specification by completing the following:
    Full Graves’s titanium ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Birth of an R6 Super Stock #3

Well its been a long while since my last blog in this serial which was mid May, since then me and my family have relocated out of wellington and moved up to rural Feilding. The whole Superstock question of whats going to be the bench mark for Nationals entry bikes has only now been formulated, agreed and published recently, so the R6 has been sitting out in the shed, infact ive only done 800kms on her giving the bike a good blast after the first 500kms. Very smooth super fast from 140kmh to over ...
  3. Birth of an R6 Super Stock #2

The Bike Arrives...
    Picked up the bike rego'd and warranted from the boys at TSS Red Baron and wondered why i didnt get the white one HAHA, seriously the blue one looked cool so we got it in the van and i took it home.
    In the mean time i had checked out the MNZ rules in regards to Super Stock setup and made a list of the changes i could do, they included the following:
    Race fairing allowed,
    Aftermaket rear sets allowed,
    Braided brakelines allowed,
    Removal ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010(002)..jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	208337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010..jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	208338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010(001)..jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	303.2 KB 
ID:	208339   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20052010(003)..jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	208340  
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  4. Birth of and R6 Superstock #1

Most of you will know i had a season ending crash at Taupo last December, when i say season ending i was out of racing for 3 months on Doctors orders and missed the Tri Series, Taupo Endurance, PMCC and NZ Nationals.
    After alot of talking and thinking i decided that i would make the next NZ Nationals my ultimate goal and use the year to build up my race craft, riding skills and general fitness.
    The biggest decision was do i compete in Super Sport or try the new Super Stock class, the ...
  5. Confessions of a 40 year old racer No# 8

Well there you have it, my very first race series completed, heaps of thrills and a few spills but no broken bones thank God.
    This series has been a steep learning curve and an expensive one, all in all ive thoroughly enjoyed my time out there and cant wait for the next meeting on the race calender.
    Its so seriously addictive once you get out there and start carving it up, and it becomes more so once you start out performing your rivals and friends and getting some good placings. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Confessions of a 40 year old racer No#7

Well another installment of my observations and experiences at club level racing hope you aint getting too bored with my ramblings.
    For those of you who don’t know VMCC Round 5 ended in a big “off” for me and although I walked away the same cannot be said for the Yamakazi which suffered quite substantial damage.
    I remember when I started racing I was battling to get down under 1:22’s at Manfeild and now im knocking on the door of 1:13’s which brings me to this months observation: If ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Redline Track day with Fred Merkel Tuition Taupo September 17th

I had heard about a new “Open Track Day” format being launched by Redline Trackdays some time ago and decided that I would make some enquiries so I might experience how this new format was different to the standard type of track days.

At this point let me just say that I do race and have been competing for about one year at club level starting in Clubmans and now competing in F2 and F1 races on my R6.

After Googling “Redline Trackday” I was pleasantly surprised to see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Confessions of a 40 year old racer No#6

Well we now are looking back at round 4 of the 09 VMCC Winter Series, and the up and coming round 5 will mark 1 year of racing for Team Ginger Nuts, its gone extremely quick.
    I must give the big ups to Russell and Sue as they were instrumental in getting me on the starters grid at round 5 last year, what a fantastic day coming away with the Clubmans B ribbon for the days racing an the biggest grin you have ever seen only to crash out and brake my arm at Round 6!
    Almost a year on and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast