Blog Comments

Was there any direct sunlight around at the time?
    What time of day?

My wife had a small glass globe on our TV and I couldnt work out why there was a melted area of plastic on the TV.
    Sunlight was shining in thru the Globe (acting like a magnifying glass) and burning the plastic but only at a cirtain time of day

I'm sure it would have made a fire if left longer.

I have also herd of the same thing with glass bottles

Just an idea
    Some oils will create heat as they dry .... linseed oil is the worst. Have you been oiling any timber furniture or similar?
    Wonderful thing about travel, it can enormously broaden or hinder the mind to experiences challenging the status quo!
    Nice to hear the ride got some TLC!
    Eccentric as a square wheel on a whale my dear old thing! Pip pip hooray and don't forget that Johnny Turk doesn't like the cold steel up them!
    Tip toeing through the tulips it ain't! I guess Vlad didn't get to have his nasty way with your posterior for posterity!
    So no advice on 4X2s for your chippy mates? They would not be so chipper about that, they wooden believe the story if you tried, so no need to drum up more excuses!
    Surely this is of the most epic of travel time! Glorious rapport with hospitable locals ensure estatic glee!
    Crikey! Such fun to be had in the make good will of travelling time! Imagine not being law abiding visitor in glorious land of inestimable happiness!
    Ever onwards and upwards! Your bike must be doing a grand job, haven't mentioned it skipping a beat once yet from the last multimeter jobbo!
    Ah you are waxing most lyrical and passing a pretty turn of the phrase, delightful, old chap!
    Finest post yet! From high highs to low lows, it seems this section of the trip had a lot of poignant moments ...
    Big ups for having lekky skills! A must for any would-be traveller!
    Free wife!? Egads! Things that desperate they need to throw wimmen at passing motorists?
    Finally getting around to reading all your lovely ride reports. Marvelous!
    a major pisstake... misstake
    Today I got the new carb for the 500,Whats wrong with the other one nothing really its just dated and as I am bring the bike's technology forward a couple of decades I have replaced the orignal carb with a CRF450 carb......

Considering there will be work done to the camshaft,valves,exhaust system and crank it only makes sense too look after the otherside of the motor..

So I am about half way through the total rebuild,but very close too getting the rolling chassis finished before I strip it all down for Painting and engine rebuild to start.

I must admit its rather cool seeing the bike actually looking like a bike now as all the parts come together
    When I go back, next year...I am going to buy me something then get a friend to sell it for me later...At least that's the plan.....Should have gone this year..but, the heat has been really bad..according to my friends
    gremlin hope to do the same as you shortly ,would it be easier to rent bikes over there or take your own.
    Careful of the grizzly bears. they eat a few tourons every year in Yellowstone.