Blog Comments

http://www.ratzapper.co.nz/

Best device I've come across...
    Does the issue perhaps only occur when the bike is hot? Did it start ok the next morning when it was cold?
    CREATURE thanks you for your help, my clutch problem appears to be over. now the only thing holding me back from practicing is the f**king weather. CREATURE has learned to use the forum for future assistance. and CREATURE offers special thanks to Fatt max for your assistance and advice. the next round of pies are on CREATURE
    simplest things first - might be an old battery. Having a friendly dealer you can build a good relationship with is part of biking. Everyone has their fav but good ones won't charge too much and are ready to give advice.
    A post here on kb will get plenty of contacts and even maybe someone to get your bike to mechanics.
    hi t6at, im so sorry to hear about your bike, im a new rider too and am having some trouble with the clutch on my new bike, so i guess thats my glitch for entering the world of biking ha ha. have you checked your spark plugs? anyway i hope you get back on top of things soon and hit the road big time. CREATURE is looking forward to his future adventures on the road bye for now, CREATURE wishes you good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinman
    could I suggest that you start a thread in the technical area. Also it may be worth a PM to I think its Hitcher who rides Hyos
    thanks skinman, CREATURE is new to this site and am still working it out, i will try to contact fatt max as well.
    just remembered Fatt Maxx has a hyo, ask him
    could I suggest that you start a thread in the technical area. Also it may be worth a PM to I think its Hitcher who rides Hyos
    hey creaty, never heard of training wheels before but i suppose it should be something similar to the bicycles one right?

that's what i would do:

get a friend rider, go to a open space such as a parking lot or similar, get rid of the wheels, get a feeling for the clutch, start small, do some start/stop/start/stop then the on 1st gear go around for a while. once u are more comfortable, try changing to 2nd gear, dont speed up, try to keep it slow.

that should do for a good few hours of trainning...
    i can relate, i have just purchased a hyosung 250cc cruiser, i still need a little practice and am awaiting the day that confidence overcomes my fear of crashing, when i get more confident on my new bike i want to take an overnight trip to taupo, see the sights then return to auckland, that is my first planned long distance ride. when the time comes i will chuck up a few invites and see if anyone wants to tag along. i look forward to reading more of your adventures on the road. well done u, be safe.
    CREATURE will take the road soon.
    well done steelphoenix
    i am just a noob to riding, actually still got the training wheels on but my intention in getting a bike was to do some touring maybe overnite stuff. i look forward to my first big ride and hope to survive it too. cheers to you.
    creature.

The trainwreck continues ...
    Challenge accepted
    Quote Originally Posted by wanpo
    hmm... Does that mean that some troublemaker can come along and turn that switch on when you're away from your bike and completely drain your battery before you get back?
    With the capacity of the battery, and the minimal draw of the LED strips... your chances are slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    They can't be combined too much, as the LED strips for example are wired straight to battery, so they can be on at all times (very handy during the night, if you need to stop), whereas all the others can only run when the bike is running.
    hmm... Does that mean that some troublemaker can come along and turn that switch on when you're away from your bike and completely drain your battery before you get back?
    Yeah, having 4 light switches to control the 8 lights is a bit of a pain. Hi/low for the main light and on/off for LED strips, fog lamps and spots (all pairs).

I've found a nice BMW switch block I'm trying to get my hands on now, and I'm eyeing up some lights that would interface with my hi/low beam switch to simplify things somewhat. They can't be combined too much, as the LED strips for example are wired straight to battery, so they can be on at all times (very handy during the night, if you need to stop), whereas all the others can only run when the bike is running.
    Don't you have enough lights as it is?
    I mean after the 5 minutes it takes you to switch them all on, it's already brighter than daylight infront of you. (and nothing but glare in my mirrors)
    You'll need to wire all of them into something like this soon
    If you want a GPS, the best to buy (but not cheap) is the Garmin Zumo 550. The newer 660 still doesn't seem to be quite as reliable as the 550.

At the very least, buy a Garmin, then I can show you all about the free maps for NZ.
    Some people like to wear cheap disposable latex gloves under the main gloves in those circumstances. The latex keeps your hands dry, and traps a layer of air keeping your hands warm.
    You cna get the latex gloves from supermarkets, chemists, Repco, super cheap auto, etc.

Me - I just use winter gloves.
    So many neat things! Wantwant! *is searching through GPS units*