View RSS Feed

Personal entry

Boring stuff about your boring life.

1. Dad's Progress

Just an update for Friends and Family:

Dad is still seriously ill at the North Shore Hospice. Mum is doing really well keeping a bed-side presence and attending to his needs.

We still don't know how much time he has, it could be a week it could be several months. The Doctors cannot put a timeline on his condition. However he is getting weaker by the day and does tend to sleep more each day partly due to the sedatives he is receiving (he gets anxoius when theres needles ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  2. Roadworks on Gt Nth Rd

Some of those roadworks people need to be re-trained. Leaving their great big signs in the bus/bike lane so buses have to swerve out of the lane to get around them. Ok for me on the bike unless I get caught behind a bus.

The Pasifika people have left the big water-filled barriers just sitting in the bus lane, narrowing it by a long way. Wonder how long before they bother collecting them again?

grumble grumble
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. Where to begin....?

Back in the heady days of late 2000, the newly acquired SWMBO and I were driving past Pt Chevaleir and decided to check out some open homes on a whim. We looked at a few houses, then we hit on "the one". We had started planning our wedding but after checking with a mortgage broker, we found that we could indeed service a mortgage if we put the wedding back a year, so after some fierce negotiations and lots of too-ing and fro-ing, we made the deal and had a house.

Life was good. We ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. 5...4...3...2...1...Thunderblogs are GO!

Ahh, wouldn't it have been great to have a blog before the house renovations started?

Here we are, 4 and a bit months down the track with many fascinating tales of resource consents, building consents, outrageous fees and impending court cases that could have filled the entries here. I may do some retrospective blogging on the whole process to warn others what they are up against.

Still, theres only 2 weeks left of the build and the house is looking damn good. 2 new ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  5. First-timer!

Bit of a Virgin when it comes to blogging. There always has to be a first time........

This blog will be used by myself and also Qkkid. I think the term 'The Qkkies' has stuck with us and Qkkid has since bought a personalised plate for our car "QKKIES" with kiwibiker.co.nz underneth. Just doing our part to advertise the site.
    Categories
    Personal entry
  6. Commuting Tue 6 March

Must remember that not all bikers are my friends.

Last week (Thurs?) played with a gal on a blue Ginny most of the way to work. Was fun, grinning at each other when we stopped at lights.

Yesterday was part of a convoy - 3 bikes of a similar size all commuting in the bus lane. Expected fun and comeraderie. Instead got rudeness and dangerous behaviour from one of them.

Just because he rides a bike, he's not my friend. You get nutters in all walks ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  7. Volty does Papatoetoe

My last ride on Volty was yesterday. Rode from Mt Albert to Papatoetoe to visit the SV rider's parents, following the SV all the way. Found the SV's LED tail-lights rather hypnotic and had to remember to look past it instead of just following the pretty lights.

The SV rider was very considerate and didn't try to lose me this time (required a lecture before we started though).

Got to Papatoetoe and discovered that the TL (Big Red) and the Vespa (Bella) had the same ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152