View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blog leans towards a ride report.

Hi, I'm back from Aussie. Catch my 12 day ride report on Trip Report thread. Cheers.
  2. Be Careful Out There!

Not much happened this week, probably in part due to the weather. In fact if I didn't take the bike to work on Friday, it would have been the first week since I got back into biking (nearly 2 years) that I wouldn't have used the bike during the week...that was close! I guess that was also partly due to last Sundays magnificent ride and that satisfied feeling had lasted longer. The only excitement has been watching the first week of the Tour de France, which it's a pity about the timing, but I do ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  3. About Formula SAE

Formula SAE was developed in the United States of America in 1981 by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) to be used as an educational tool to develop university engineering students' knowledge and skills. In 2000 the first Formula SAE competition was held in Australia. Since then the Australian event has grown to be contested by over 25 universities from Australia, America, Japan and Europe. Formula SAE events are also run in the UK and Japan.

The year long competition comprises ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  4. Background

Gidday
    My name is Craig and I’m a fourth year mechanical engineering student at the University of Auckland. Also while I have been at university I have been part of the University of Auckland Formula SAE team ( www.FSAE.co.nz ). As part of my degree I have to do a project about something engineering based. For this project I have decided to put two single cylinder dirt bike engines onto a common crank to make a V-twin.
    There are two reasons why I’m doing this project;

5. Another wacky scooter

I came across this one parked near me in a supermarket bike-park. As well as having the typical outrageous muffler and various blingy bits, this one was another step above the rest. It had some kind of pneumatic system to raise and lower the whole swingarm. To park it he doesn't use the side-stand, instead the whole bike lowers right down and rests on a couple of small runner wheels underneath the body. You cant see those little wheels too well in ...
  6. indicating?

I was going south on a two lane south and two lane north avenue which has a centre rasied island running full length along it....anyways there was a car indicating from the inner lane heading north wanting to turn left i was going to wait as it changed lanes and then i saw it indicating so i went right and cut it off....what made me do this well considering it indicated and was also a cop and since the car was going down the street to the police station you would assume it was going to ...
    Categories
    Sport/Road Bikes
  7. New Tyres...Bring on the kms!

Got my new tyres fitted on Tuesday and picked the bike up on Wednesday.

Nanny Ann and I had to meet Nasty on Friday for business matters which took about 10 seconds but the coffee and chat lasted about 2 hours and Friday night we went to the fundraiser film evening for Shaun Harris which was quite enjoyable.

Saturday I worked on a couple of lightcatchers and when I had to go for milk, I thought I better check the new tyres out so I took the bike to Johnsonville.....via ...
    Categories
    Personal entry
  8. Selections 27 June to 3 July

Dedicated to the memory of our Mentor, Uncle B.

Thanks to Macktheknife and Miss.L for your selections this week: Stickchick and kave congratulations, you will be our next selectors.

Also I want to include riffer’s post regarding riding in these winter conditions and Macktheknife's entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Macktheknife View Post
    Awesome SC, always remember, look where you want to go because you will go where you look.
    Big ups to the HB crew, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickchick View Post
    I suddenly
    Categories
    Uncategorized