View RSS Feed

oneblackflag

1. Kaiaua ride

Nice day for a ride to Kaiaua

Mataharu/Ohinewhi Road had just been graded to a pretty nasty camber which made for a more cautious ride over the Hapuakohe Range.

Came across a MX day on Coxhead Rd in a recently cut Maize paddock. Stopped for a quick look, thought about doing a lap but the Shinko 700 isn't really designed for that + im a stingy bugger and didnt want to let go of some coin (basicly just scared)

On to the East Coast Rd aka ...
  2. Another mid week ride....

Had a bad day what better way to get over it than thrashing the bike

Went down Mangiti Rd and Te Akau Warf Rd to look out over Raglan Harbor to Raglan, had a close call with a semi on Mangiti Rd just had enough room to squeeze down the side of it and stay upright. Mangiti Rd has just had fresh gravel layed on it so it got a bit sketchy with the pressure I had in the tyres, let them down a bit then had me some fun

3. Home adv ride

Nice day and I had little else to do, so I thought I'd do a bit of adv.

Forgot to turn on the tracking thingy so you'll just have to use a map and provided road names If you want to try these roads... They link up pretty easy and were quite bloodly good not far from Hamilton or even Auckland, haven't seen anyone else mentioning them

Started the adv from Story road off Tahuna rd, some nice twisty seal in this area thats worth riding too. First 'good' road was ...
  4. Tag day

Road State Highway 22 today out to Glen Murry, and alot of the back roads behind Huntly. Nice twisties, 22 is a bit rough past Nike I found.

The day started after lunch ( I'm a night owl), the wind was up by then, not so great on a 250 dual sport (tall and light). About 10 mins in I was greated on Waring rd by an utter kunt who had already cut the corner ahead of me, then swerved at me just as I was pasing him... He got the Kiwibiker wave; didn't give chase to get his rego, ...
  5. Adventure riding Waikato

Went for a bit of an adventure a couple days ago... Through the Taupri Range... Probably trespassing? wasn't stoped though

Lots of gates and livestock to navigate..

Also went out Old Mountain road ...
  6. Thompson's Track cherry popped

Thought I'd go for a ride up Thompson's Track today... Solo not sure if it was the smartest idea for my first time, but I made it .

Some logging guys even let me go up the other road there, had to turn back due to machinery blocking the way further up.

Not another soul on the track. Was a great day for it.

Only a couple wet patches that were easy enough to get through: