View RSS Feed

Touring the planet

Bike touring overseas.

1. Hyperspace,what bike for adventure trails, tracks, gravel and tarmac

Quote Originally Posted by navek View Post
    Hi All knowledgable bike types
    Having recently upskilled to novice in trail riding skills in last 11 months from ziltch to able to get there, finally got bike suited to my personailty/skills KTM 400, (great bike)for weekend trails but now wish for more 'Adventure' type bike for comfort over longer and longer km's on road and gravel but still capable in trails. Most importantly short legs make this challenging. My list BMW 650 GS great seat height lovely on road, bad small front wheel low
  2. CHRISTCHURCH lookin for a couple of ppl to ride with

Hi guys and gals! I am a newbie at all this so hopefully it gets read! lol I have recently bought my first bike bigger than 250cc, a 2004 Suzuki GSF1200S Bandit! - my pride and joy! I live in Christchurch and I'm looking for a few people who are keen on goin for rides here and there, especially after work during the weekday. We are coming into daylight savings and is a perfect time to make the most of those late sun sets. Not keen on BIG groups so want to keep it small.
    If your keen to meet ...
  3. Here we go

not sure how these blogg things work so will just talk shit here for a bit and see what happens
  4. Port Waikato

I went for a ride from the North Shore of Auckland out to Port Waikato today, for no other reason than I haven't been to Port Waikato before.
    Port Waikato is at the head of the Waikato river in the Franklin district on the West Coast.

Although a little cool the weather was perfect. The initial trip out on the motorway was your normal motorway trip (yawn).

However the fun starts at Pokeno. The road, while not maintained to the same degree as city roads, was ...
  5. any one go riding ...

any of you go riding to far north ,kiataia etc ,cape reinga,if so do you ride throught state highway 10 thought mangonui ?

if u havent you should its a good ride up there
    stop off at taipa for lunch or stop for night stay at Taipa Bay Resort.

www.taipabay.co.nz
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789