View RSS Feed

gijoe1313's Blogs

A delve into the twisted pysche that makes up the avatar bearing the Hornet.

1. Finally getting back into the swing of things!

Well last year I was clobbered at school in the back of the head around March. By a frikken frisbee. Concussed me so badly I was off school for two terms and still hadn't come right by the 3rd term. Couldn't concentrate, talk or walk properly for that time and just trying to string a thought together was mayhem on the brain.

Wifey basically had a zombie for a hubby and it was a while before things came right.

Of course no riding a bike, that was blardy hard bejesus ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New bling for Cindi

Well, been quite quiet here on the blog front - so to update some details to aid my failing memory as I slide into my dotage!

New rear Angel for Cindi from Drury tyres, also got them to put the new R&G rear axle bobbin gubbins in at the same time.

Thinking what the hey, get right angled valve installed as well (they currently have two of mine in stowage ready for when I change the fronts on Cindi and the Big Ol'Hornet!)

Also purchased a small "Muc-Off" ...
  3. In Sydney lapping up the holiday!

Well was in Sydney for a holiday, took off last Friday and came back Monday - just got around to sorting through the photos. Being a biker, noted the two wheels moving around the Sydney streets. Have to say, felt sorry for them since there is so many lights and a paucity of good roads to ride on!

The bikes I did see had mile wide chicken strips and they were parked in all sorts of nooks and crannies, did see one poor unfortunate pulled over by the popo on the first night in! A smattering ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030348.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	298.4 KB 
ID:	243194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030349.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	311.3 KB 
ID:	243195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030350.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	243196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030347.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	341.5 KB 
ID:	243193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030419.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	243189  
  4. 1st Day of Hols ... out riding!

Well Monday was a good day for me, got up early and dropped my girl off to work on Max ( Big Ol'Hornet 900 ) - she asked me sweetly what I would be up to! With a cavalier wink and a sly smile, I duly announced ... "Riding, riding ... followed with more riding!"

So I pootled off home to gear up and change bikes to Cindi ( Predator ) and after filling up at the local servo, I merrily rode my way to the Coromandel via Kaiaua. The great thing about doing these roads at what ...

Name:	Thames toilet door.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	622.1 KB 
ID:	226003   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maraetai1.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	438.6 KB 
ID:	226004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maraetai2.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	495.7 KB 
ID:	226005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	who ate all the pies.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	521.4 KB 
ID:	226006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cute bag.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	634.6 KB 
ID:	226007  
  5. Riding with an experienced newbie to Whangas

Well Gale_Wolf is an old mate of from uni days, he's gotten on with life and raised a fine family and doing the hard yards.

Of course, this meant his usual hi-jinks with motorbikes has been curtailed and he has in his words become "mister communterer". We've recently renewed our friendship and actually ridden with each other on short trips on the Hornet Swarm rides.

Now, he gets ambitious and wants to head up to Whangarei to pick up a muffler baffle from the previous ...
  6. Cindi demands TLC

Well, today, I pootled off to Botany Honda to get Cindi serviced. She was booked in for her 6000km service (but I tend to over-run it a little ... this time, only by 300km or so).

Get the usual guff and customer dis-service from the lads in the shop, listened to some alarming South African driving/riding stories from the two saffies there. Wichard was not on talking terms with me since I got Cindi's rubber from another establishment (oh, look - my previous blog post! Fancy that!) ...
  7. New Rubber for Cindi ... ooer!

Well, after 6100km of happy riding, Cindi has decided that she needs a new set of shoes and daddy needs to do the shopping for her! The BT015 Battleax she originally had was a good tyre, but obviously being of a soft disposition, it was put to the test and found slightly wanting in terms of life. So ... time to try something else new!

So off to Drury Performance Tyres to see Mike about solving this little dilemma. The good man has a set of Pirelli Angels ST on the shelves ...

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	221328  
  8. Just an updated picture portfolio of my Honda Family!

Well it's been a while since I've managed to get some photos of half my collection (this happens to be the Honda collection!)

Will have to re do the shots and do it a bit better to do them some justice!

For those who don't know ...

CB250 aka lil'ol'hornet is Pete
    CB900 aka Big Ol'Hornet is Max
    CB1000R aka Predator is Cindi

Name:	frontal1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	220038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontal2.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	304.6 KB 
ID:	220043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	220039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side2.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	295.5 KB 
ID:	220040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	220041  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast