Blog Comments

im going round corners near the redline, it gets more and more fun as your confidence in the bike grows.
    You will definately have a lot more control on the 250cc Ninja than a big cruiser. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun.
    Nice one...Will come in useful when doing mine
    Great writeup!
    Bigger sports bikes are waaay less affected than the smaller ones. Because your little ninja is so light and with tiny tyres it will get blown around a lot more than what my GSXR 750 will for example. In saying that my Gixxer gets blown around more than my CB900 did, depending on how much I tuck myself up on it. I usually do'nt tuck up that much and just deal with the wind because of my fat gut! lol.....

Pretty much your cruiser will always be more stable in wind, but if you do get a bigger sports bike you will find it less of an issue.
    Good advice...duely noted....thanks all.
    You'll find leaning forward more (the sports bike posture) helps lessen the effect of the wind. Also make sure you don't tense your arms up.
    I get blown around a fair bit on my older Ninja, I just did the round trip from Hamilton to Taihape and back weekend just been, so I know what you mean in regards to thinking the wind just maybe could flip you upside down, but fme like the above post said, keep your hands light on the bars and the bike will find its own way back after a big push, mine sits on 100 kph at 7250 rpm and sings after 9 grand so you have that to look forward too :-)
    Yeah, just short shift to keep the revs down for the time being. A ninja will certainly feel happier at higher revs, but be patient for now.

Wind can definitely push you around... dunno how it compares on a cruiser, but I feel it on my bike. Just relax your grip on the bars, almost to the point of letting go (but not quite) and you'll find the bike will lean into the wind on its own for the most part.
    It seem obvious to say bugger you have it at all, but bugger it anyway.
    I know it seems a really big ordeal to get your head around especially if your used to being in control.
    Is not as big as it was 15 to 20 years ago, they are pulling tickers out and fettling them almost routinely for different reasons and from tiny infints to really old farts.
    Do a real cost benefit analyses before settling on going private, there is a good chance the same surgeon burns the candle in the private sector as well as public, it just the time thing and how you feel about it.
    A family member went through a similar thing and looked into going private but decided to go public (Auck Hosp has a brilliant ICU) and use some of the money he would have spent taking his wife away for a long trip around America...on a bike....one each..and they had to learn!!
    I guess it gave him something to look forward to after the op and recovery period and something bigger than the op, if you know what I mean.
    There is a good chance you will be hugging a pillow when you cough or sneeze for sometime afterwards, sounds strange, I wont elaborate lol
    Hi again, just read this blog. I was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect at the ripe old age of 37. I went to the doctor about my ears and she happened to listen to my heart and said - you have a heart murmur! It is something you have to get your head around as it is an intimation of our mortality. I agree with the others - focus on the positives - better to find out now when they can stilldo something about it. Look at it as having a new lease on life!
    I think going private is definitely the right way to go. Could be 6 months, could be 9 months, who knows. Relying on the public system is a risky business - a risk you don't need to take.
    I use a generic high-viz vest from NZ Safety that uses domes. I haven't had any issues with it flapping around.

Perhaps choosing the right size might be important.
    Thanks, !
    Hello Vifferman

I've had both an angiogram and TOE - the anticipation of the procedures is much worse than the reality (as always).
    Fond "memories" of the TOE - best drugs I've ever had I use the term "memories" loosely as you are unlikely to have any memories of the procedure itself.
    Angiogram - painless but the solar flare effect of the dye is....hot as hades!

Good luck!
    Cool one BB... looking good!
    I'm a big fan of sports bikes as well. So much fun. Wait till you step up in size ...
    of course ..everyone knows that all motorbikes speed all the time...and remember it was clocked at a estimated speed
    Must of been geared High! I'm finding it hard to believe it was a drz400!