Blog Comments

the props against the wall of the church are to counteract the weight of the roof from pushing the walls apart.This is not required on a building with flat ceilings or plenty of horizontal ties from wall to wall.However most churches just have the high vaulted ceilings so some other method must be used.Enter the Buttress or in this case a flying buttress.Now that you have seen this you will notice other bracing systems are often used on those big raking roofs
    Yeah, Good Effort! I can think of friskier 250's to be attempting 1,00km on.
    An excellent effort on a lil 250! When you consider the lack of wind protection, ease of capacity etc, it's definitely harder on a small bike. I think I'll stick with my 1000cc+ bike

Well done
    Was a great day though a bit cold first thing loved the view and flow of the roads until Long Place name to Danniverke but I think was due to it being 800k into the ride and an unknown quantity.
    The big M109R didn't miss a beat and put up with my lack of flow in the twisties totally enjoyed the day and the 2 Wairarapa riders whom caught me up at Porangahau was great to ride with you.
    Preferred this route to last years it was overall much easier to ride at a consistent pace excepting the twisty bits Wimbledon to Danniverke.

Cheers and see ya on the road.
    Gary
    Thank you. I very much enjoyed your ride report. I think you and your bike put in a fantastic effort.
    I have asked the Mods' to clean up this blog. I wrote the report in my ride reports, then clicked on 'post as a blog'. now I can't get rid of the quote framework. Also, I posted a photo twice, which I have corrected in my ride report. Am expecting my 2nd growl after doing this once before.

Geez! I changed the photo and got rid of the quote wraps. What a clever sod (I think)
    good effort Arthur its generally the last 300km that seems the longest to cover on any given day, sounds like the "Little bike " did well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313
    You missed the important bit about what you got for lunch ...
    Two trips to the VIP tent during the event, quiche with sausage in them, bacon baps (seriously yum), french toast, slices of rock melon, winter melon, pineapple. Skipped past the fruit and muesli (that was 0400 breakfast).
    You missed the important bit about what you got for lunch ...
    Nice one John
    Shame about the timing with the wedding but that's the way things happen.
    First time I did the C1KC my GPS crapped out so I ended up fumbling through a very small map I had . I now carry a much better map as a back up just in case.
    I like the way you even had your yellow tape on lets hope we get the same weather next Saturday.

Enjoy your trip to Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by nings400
    im confused it says on my laps rob gibson was 7th and you were 13th?
    Looks like it's been fixed now. It originally had them around the other way, which confused the hell out of me but that's what I went with when I wrote that up.
    im confused it says on my laps rob gibson was 7th and you were 13th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirts
    You had me at Chicken McMuffin!!
    They're so good. I don't know why they didn't do them years ago
    You had me at Chicken McMuffin!!
    Always a privilege to be part of your team. The construction at the track, the uncertainty about the pits and long delays made for a rather odd day.

Bring on the 600, the 31st and the Endurance day ...
    Always a great read John. Thanks again for organizing a terrific event.
    Until next year,
    Dreds.
    Great write up. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird
    ......Hey.... in photo 2 is that Mike Angell in the yellow shirt? Haven't seen him since the 2010 ride and there appears to be rather more grey than I remember

Cheers,

Geoff
    Yes one of your pics found its way into the Rider's Guide which can be found here: http://www.distanceriders.org.nz/201...land-1600.html Thanks very much.

and yes that is Mangell, he XP@, Hitcher and I are the organisers.
    Now I know why you wanted me to photograph the Te Rerenga sign back in winter John! Nice write up. The Peninsula is pretty clear of vehicles on weekdays - just avoid December-February!

Hey.... in photo 2 is that Mike Angell in the yellow shirt? Haven't seen him since the 2010 ride and there appears to be rather more grey than I remember

Cheers,

Geoff
    I'd just like to say that it was the admin work that delayed the briefing... at 1200 we still had several that weren't technically in the starting blocks.

48 entries, 46 starters and 42 finishers... just to correct your numbers...
Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast