View RSS Feed

General Bike Maintenance

Bike servicing, rebuilding, restoring, manuals, etc..

1. my god what a difference

Fitted a new carb a couple of days ago and my god what a huge difference. i finally got around to finishing a flange I had made so I could fit an AG100 carb onto a 2 seater Rg50 a finally woke up to the fact that this would be a much better thing for racing. i mean talk about a real 'Doh' moment of a Young Einstein. Any way fitted it and now the bike is starting to turn into a little rocket I hope Wanizame would be. Now to find a late model CR125 frame or something similar.
  2. water in cylinders?!

i bought a 1986 gsxr750 to replace my poor lost TL (i know some of you may think thats a step backwards but its 190kg with 100bhp at the back wheel, i'm not complaining), and its been going great till just a couple days ago. well pretty much yesterday though sunday was a little glitchy. feels like its running on 3 cylinders, maybe even two sometimes, pulled out sparkplugs yesterday, they're brand new. mechanic mate said, might be distributor leads but i'm hoping its not cos it turns out they're ...
  3. Let it ride

8 days ago I took the bike out for a days racing and it actually ran the whole time. So Wanizame is running, dressed but needs a lot of work still. I finally have the flange for fitting a modified AG100 carb and am toying with the idea of changing the exhaust.
    George
  4. Oh GOD what have I created

Just finishing up my first attempt at fibre glassing (talk about messy). While It's an ugly attempt, it'll work. Just another couple of days I hope It'll be sorting out mounting it and starting to get some sort of paint job.
  5. We have a seat

This actually turned into a really fun activity; I basically took the seat and lengthened it by 10 - 15 cm, covered it with some pieces of highish density foam and covered it with some vinyl I had spare from covering a seat. While searching for the foam I found a couple of plastic exit signs that I turned into a rear cowling of sorts.

So now at least the back half is starting to look half decent.

I have also started experimenting with carb's ...
  6. god forsaken a rebuild by raining

Well this sucks, the weather is curtailing any work; the joys of unsealed concrete walls.

The other difficulty is an oiling plug; I fitted an air box to the bike and now the spark plug won' stop oiling up.:slap:
  7. a dangerous thing speculating

The more I think about it the more I am convinced the problem of the bike cutting out under load is simply a fact of water in the carb bowl. The bike is also running a bit lean so time to through it on to machine at course

I have decided to extend the current seat to the back of the bike, making it easier to lie flat on the bike and make a fibreglass shell to replace the present cowling (made from a storage container). I may even attempt to make a new fairing just for the fun ...
  8. what the hell is this?

i assume its some kind of breather but i really don't know..any TLS riders, i'd love some help!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast