View RSS Feed

Big Burtha's Blog

Blah blah blah ...

1. New Beastie

Woohoo!
    Got me new SV1000S last Friday and shes a beauty.
    Only been out a couple of times because I don't have my full yet (2 weeks to go) but am itching to ride more - especially on days like today when the sun is out and theres just a nice cool crispness in the air.

Although she is a K3 (2003) model, all the fittings and rubbers and all else are in primo condition. Only done 3,300km, not even been out in the rain, has come with opened up twin brothers exhausts + yoshis, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Eventful

Things have been quite interesting lately.
    Although the dream of getting a XB has faded due to financial restrictions, I am about to be getting a great deal on a SV1000S instead.

Am kinda in that place of disbelief at the moment, as have to wait for the bank to give the nod so tomorrow will be interesting.

Have also been for my second ride last weekend with the girls. We went down to St Arnaud and although it was overcast most of the time it was great. There ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Feeling better so had a beaut ride

Feeling much better after tummy bug and had to go to Richmond for a meeting, and as it was such a beautifully, sunny and still day, I decided to take a bit of a ride.

Went out to Hope, then realised that I wouldn't bother going all the way out to Brightwater, as I would be going out that way this weekend with the girls on Sunday, so headed up the back roads NW. Remembered how straight some of the roads are out that way, so decided to tuck myself in and turned the trottle as far as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Still ill and bit bored

Got a tummy bug in the weekend which rules out riding for the duration. Guts still feels like its in knots so still hangin around waiting for it to untangle itself so thought I'd check out pics on the web to post up on my album for simple pleasure of doing so.

Cat is here reminding me how important my mouse is to use and therefore her lying on it makes computer use quite restricted.

Am doing some good reading though through the thread regarding buying bikes etc. so ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Suspense is KILLING ME!

Less than 2 months till I get my full, have my eye on the buell I'm after, hubby has agreed that I can get it when the time comes and if all goes according to plan - but I'm friggin dying here in the meantime!

I'm scratching away at the internet, constantly checking to make sure the bike hasnt sold yet, trying to keep preoccupied to keep my mind off it etc.

Have also started monthly rides with a group of local gals which is great but doesn't help with the need for a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Closet bogan? Or midlife ...

Trudes has got me thinking, and after reviewing my closet and changes in transportation etc I am wondering if really I am a bit bogan!

I own 10+ pairs of Docs, currently ride a 250cc, but buell within the year, live for jeans, a collection of HardRock Cafe t-shirts, have a history of metal (mainly deep purple) but lean more toward ska now tho, dye my hair black, wear more black eyeliner than ever before and my jewelry seems to be increasing also.

There once was a time ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. F'n helmet hair! Is there NO relief !!!

I have curly hair and look like a melon when I take off my helmet even after a short ride. I've just been down to the shops and do NOT feel like I have just stepped out of a salon ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Eligable

In two days time I'm 40 - holey cow! Don't feel it I must admit. Goal was to have my full license by now and enough funds to get my dream bike but neither has eventuated, but hopefully later this year things would have come together by then. X-fingers till then.
    Have found a group 'o girls that bike in the same region as me which is good, will have a few people over for dinner next weekend for my birthday and might have my butterfly tattooed - not sure where on my person yet.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast