• Help needed at Round 4 Nationals (Marshalls)

We need you!!!
    To run this event we need a heap more personnel track side......we do not have enough at the moment.

The call is going out for additional marshals for the 4th round of the Superbike Nationals at Hampton Downs.

Experienced marshalls will be on all corners but we need support marshalls too.

You really will get the best seats in the house and have the knowledge of taking part in one of the most spectacular motorcycling events in NZ.

Please indicate your intention to come and join the ranks of some of the most important group of people at the meeting by either contacting me or anybody from the AMCC contact list http://www.amcc.org.nz/home-contact for more details.

Remember you don't have to have experience just a willingness to be involved.

Race teams if anyone on your crew would like to get up close and personal to the action, again get in touch.

You will be fed and watered and get a little something for you efforts as well as the full appreciation of spectators and racers.

Thanks in advance guys/gals.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Help needed at Round 4 Nationals (Marshalls) started by Kiwi Graham View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      Kiwi Graham:Me -
      Bumperty bump.

Thanks for all the offers of help so far, still room for more!

Don't forget you don't need to be experienced.
      All corners have experienced marshalls assigned to them for you to work along side, a full briefing prior to and training will be given during the day.
      Biggles08 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
      Bumperty bump.

Thanks for all the offers of help so far, still room for more!

Don't forget you don't need to be experienced.
      All corners have experienced marshalls assigned to them for you to work along side, a full briefing prior to and training will be given during the day.
      Posted on my Facebook page Graham...hope it helps :-)
      Thanks Marcus
      And to answer questions being asked;

Venue:-
      Hampton Downs

Times to be there and where to be:-

Meet at the long wooden building behind the pit garages.
      Friday, be there at 11am, practise starts at 12 mid day and runs until 7pm.
      Saturday, be there at 7am.
      Sunday, be there at 7am.

Bring with you a hat sunglasses, sunscreen, stout shoes and it is recommended to brig a fold out chair . Although lunch and drinks are provided extra nibbles and drinks are advised. We will even treat you to a BBQ Saturday evening.

You will have a full briefing before each day, no experience is necessary because you will be placed with an experienced marshal who will be a mine of information and answer any questions you may have. Your main responsibility's will start with flag waiving (once trained) and move onto other aspects as your experience grows.
      You will not be asked to do anything you do not feel confident in doing.

Marshalling is a great way to get involved in the racing scene, many racers themselves started their interest in this way. I guarantee you will enjoy your day.

happy to keep answering any questions.
      Nasty -
      ah finally found the dates .. but had to go to another site to get them ... March 25th to 27th I take it ... sorry .. its easier if the dates are in the thread somewhere.
      Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
      ah finally found the dates .. but had to go to another site to get them ... March 25th to 27th I take it ... sorry .. its easier if the dates are in the thread somewhere.
      Apologies Nasty, your quite right. as above 25-27th March.
      ajturbo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
      so you going to wave a flag???
      i would but CHCH (and $$$) call
      cheesemethod -
      Hi, I'm keen to help out, have sent you an email and a PM. Thanks.
      Quote Originally Posted by cheesemethod View Post
      Hi, I'm keen to help out, have sent you an email and a PM. Thanks.
      Contacted;

Thanks to everyone that has come forward, without your efforts these events simply wouldnt happen.

If anyone else is able to make it, especially the Saturday and Sunday please come along at the times shown above.

Cheers

KG
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 14)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 6)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)