• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: HenryDorsetCase Today, 10:00 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: SaferRides Today, 07:26 Go to last post
    Tokerau boy

Is there anybody here ?

Thread Starter: Tokerau boy

It’s very quiet 🤐 , I did read about the motorcycle touring Parts of NZ may add one next month when it stops raining

Last Post By: JacksColdSweat Today, 12:14 Go to last post
  • Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club do 'Nuthin' Much..."

Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club
    Do

“Nuthin’ Much”

Join the Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club for a spot of brunch, a ‘Brainy Biker’ quiz and……well…..nuthin’ much really….yeah……..

When: Sunday 1st May 2011

Where: L&P Café, 2 Seymour Street, Paeroa
    (Park across road from cafe)

Time: 11.00am for brunch

Details: Buffet brunch of $15 a head, $1 from each brunch sold will be donated the CHCH Quake appeal.

“Brainy Biker” quiz to test your knowledge of motorcycles and food

Quiz result prize giving (The 'Brainy Biker' Trophy....oohhhhh…)

Big group pic by the big L & P bottle

…….then do nuthin’ much…..

Entry Fee For Quiz: What ever you like, all entry fees will be donated to the Christchurch Quake appeal

It would be great to see as many riders as possible from all over to attend this brain busting and waistline stretching event.....

Auckland riders will be meeting at 9.00am for 9.30am start at BP Papakura on the day. If anyone wants to set up a group ride from their neck of the woods then feel free, just post the details in this thread

You can register your attendance here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...2011-5-1&c=all

Be good to do that just to make sure the cafe dont run short of saussies hasshises and beans , know what I mean...
    If you need any further information, contact Fatt Max at fatbikersmc@gmail.com

So get your bike gear on, polish off your eating head and give the brain a tweak. Its all on to do, well, nuthin' much..........
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club do 'Nuthin' Much..." started by Fatt Max View original post
    Comments 44 Comments
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
      Pic please!!!!!!! put them on FB Cherie... I probably won't make it tomorrow as I am sick - have a head cold Not to keen to go for a long ride when the old brain isn't working properly...
      or......http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...t1130049249...
      Maha -
      That rain coming looks omminous...
      hellokitty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      lookin good!
      Fatt Max -
      I know, brilliant eh.....
      jafar -
      HTFU Pills are on special @ Pak n slave
      Phreak -
      I'll be there! I've just finished rebuilding my CBR250 back up to 'rideable' condition, thanks to a recent acquisition - another CBR250! Out of the two, one is pretty much complete. Been up all night putting it all together... Gees, is it almost 5am already...? See you all at 11!
      DMNTD:Me -
      A definite maybe
      Tink -
      BOMAN & ME IN!!!!!
      Maha -
      Good to see some extreme committment but alas, we have huge wind gusts here and its just started raining, going to get worse for us coming home this afternoon if we attend...so have fatty for us...
      Fatt Max -
      .......to all you lovely people who braved the wind and the rain and made it to the L&P Cafe in Paeroa to do Nuthin' Much with the Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club.

Yes, it was not looking too flash weather wise first thing this morning, but the sight of Caseye in his new (and extremely horny) leathers was enough to inspire the rest of us top zip up, harden up and get the feck down there.

Seriously though, the outlook was bleak so I can only put our reason for doing this down to extreme hunger or extreme stupidity.

Off we pootled, SH1 then onto SH2 with Bodir acting as TEC and general top bloke (rather than General Von Slatesweinger) getting blown about more often then Prince William. We finally made it to the L&P and Linda and the crew had done us proud. Large comfortable reserved area and a tip top buffet brunch that any Fat Biker would be proud of.

The Waikato and Taupo crews made it as well and it was great to see them all. Fair to say that once the brunch was going on silence descended on the cafe.

So, plates cleaned, bellies full and brains switched on, it was time to start the Brainy Biker quiz. Two outstanding trophies on offer as well as Fat Biker Emergency Road Kits as spot prizes.

The contestants had 5 minutes to answer 20 questions relating to motorcycles and food. It turned out to be a fascinating experiment for the wider biker community, check out these statistics:

- 28% of Bikers think that the Hokitika Food Festival is in Westport

- 3% of bikers are convinced that the Wiggles hold the speed record at Hampton Downs,

....and the worst and most worrying stat of all....

1.35% of bikers know what their rego plate reads......

Answer sheets in and the marking got underway (Thanks CW and Moira for helping me out there you sexy bastards) and, after a couple of brain teasing tie breaker questions, the results were in.

In second place with a score of 11 points and winning the tie breaker question came MadDuck

But the winner, the brainiest biker in the Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club and the world with a stand out score of 12 (well, ok not huge I know but it was the only score of that number) is Nasty...!!!!

FFS I hear you cry, but yes, Nasty showed us the brains and got the bling which means she is both the FBMC Gut Bucket Race and Brainy Biker Quiz champion for 2011. The fecking cafe stopped serving coffee's early cos she had all the cups etc etc etc.

Well done mate on a great effort, beating off challenges from far and wide.

The fundraising saw us collect $150 with the cafe chipping in a dollar for every brunch sold. Brilliant effort guy’s n gals, this money will be sent off to the Christchurch Quake fund next week.

I've chucked a few piccies in below, there were plenty of other cameras snapping away so no doubt they will find their way on here at some point.

Once again, thanks so much for each and every one of you for making today such a great event. To me, this is what it is all about, sharing our love of bikes and riding, getting together as a group for some relaxed fun, no bullshit, no pressure and no agenda. Just a good laugh with good people.

The generosity never fails to impress me, after spending the money on gas and a feed, bikers will still cough up some bucks for those brothers and sisters struggling elsewhere. Thanks again people, you are all legends.

The next event is in June.......and it involves wearing other people's pants....

Take care, ride safe and eat well

FM
      MadDuck -
      Great day out for a good cause with a great bunch of people

Thanks for organising another fun day FM. It was an interesting ride home over the bridge
      DEVVIL -
      Thanks Mark for a great day I was blown away
      DEVVIL -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
      I'll be there! I've just finished rebuilding my CBR250 back up to 'rideable' condition, thanks to a recent acquisition - another CBR250! Out of the two, one is pretty much complete. Been up all night putting it all together... Gees, is it almost 5am already...? See you all at 11!
      Good to see you back on two wheels

Andrew
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by DEVVIL View Post
      Good to see you back on two wheels

Andrew
      +1 to that. Yeah you sexy young frikker you, great to see you back on the road and still smiling, really really good stuff

Mother-in-law's dream that boy....
      Nasty -
      awesome day ... was a hell of a lot of fun ... so now its nana nap time ... btw I found the sticker!
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
      awesome day ... was a hell of a lot of fun ... so now its nana nap time ... btw I found the sticker!
      Surpirsed you got any room to move what with all them there trophies you have.

Good onya mate, great to have you along and thanks for your kind words at the prizegiving.

Nigh nighs....
      Phreak -
      Had a blast today, SO FECKING GOOD to see everyone again after my prolonged absence from riding! The weather wasn't much fun, being blown around was entertaining to say the least... and the wind sucked too! Hehe... Fatt Max, you're a bloody legend, book me in for the next ride out!

I hope everyone's pictures are uploaded soon!

caseye -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
      Had a blast today, SO FECKING GOOD to see everyone again after my prolonged absence from riding! The weather wasn't much fun, being blown around was entertaining to say the least... and the wind sucked too! Hehe... Fatt Max, you're a bloody legend, book me in for the next ride out!

I hope everyone's pictures are uploaded soon!

Was good to see ya smiling face young PHREAK and while she aint finished I can see that when she is yer bike is going to look a Million dollars top effort Scott.
      C ya again at the next one mate.
      Fatt Max -
      Just done the final tally of the cash raised. All up the event raised $175.00 for the Christchurch Quake Appeal. I will be sending this through today.

That is a brilliant effort guys and girls, thanks again for braving the weather and parting with your hard earned cash, legends the lot of ya...

The next event is in June......where you will be parting with a pair of undies...

FM xxx
      Bodir -
      Great fun. Been too long for me too.

Now officially a FB Trainee (Slim Division)
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)