• Three Strikes Protest Run, 5 May

Support the three strikes demonstration ride
    Thursday 5th May 12 noon

The government has struck out at us three times now. We will not tolerate this any longer, and it is time we showed them!

What they have done:

1) Used bikers as a smokescreen to mask the introduction of risk based levies, and massive levy increases.
    2) Attempted to justify the hike with misleading statistics and unjustified financial model changes.
    3) Ramped up roadside 'safety' checks - in reality poorly disguised rego and WOF checks - and now the introduction of demerits for unlicensed vehicles.
    What they deliberately overlook:

They tout the risk based system as being fairer for everyone, by arbitrarily creating different road user groups and charging based on the likely treatment cost. Well many of us own multiple vehicles, so appear in those groups and pay more than once. How is it fair we pay multiple levies yet are only eligible for a single treatment? How can they justify a minimum three month on hold period, when that makes it so expensive to be law abiding with infrequently ridden bikes? And to assume all drivers in each class have the same level of risk is at the very least idiotic, if not irresponsible; with the implication that safer vehicles are more important than safer drivers. The myriad of different variables needed to create a truly fair risk based system would create massive administrative overheads to process. This is a system that is not required, not wanted and moves ACC yet further away from the Woodhouse principles towards private insurance.

What we demand they do:

1) Remove the vehicle-based levies, to be replaced with a fuel-based levy collection system as a first step, ultimately returning to the Woodhouse Principles.
    2) The minimum on-hold period of three months to be removed.
    3) All political parties make their stance known about ACC: whether they are in favour of the no-fault Woodhouse system, if they agree with the move to full future funding, where they stand on risk-based levies and if they would agree to private insurers in the system.

What can you do?

Support the three strikes demonstration ride; this will take place on Thursday 5th May 12 noon. The idea is that you meet up with other protesters, ride together to the local ACC offices, then ride to the National party offices (because we all know who is really behind this crap). At both locations you will arrange yourselves to present a smokescreen of motorcycles: we’ll let them see us and hear us! There will be a letter to noisily deliver to each location stating our grievances and demands. Meeting points to be announced when finalised.

Currently we have ride coordinators for Auckland, Wellington and Tauranga if you would like to organise one in your region let us know!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Three Strikes Protest Run, 5 May started by MAG-NZ Inc View original post
    Comments 273 Comments
      oneofsix -
      Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
      So what's your point?
      Except for the rights or wrongs of the penalty system, which is fucked up for everything, you have just agreed with what I just said.
      My point is the wrongs of the penalty system
      Horace -
      I am with Boris on this one tell it like it is pal Protest is our only recourse use this right while we still have it if you can not ride with us write to your MP or better still do both
      BoristheBiter -
      Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
      My point is the wrongs of the penalty system
      Thats the problem isn't it. the whole system is fucked up, not just ones for road rules.
      StoneY -
      1) Because it is the law. Why do some people think that they have a right to do things with out paying for them? or think that they are above the law?

2) It shouldn't. IMHO there should be demerits on every road infringement. It might then get people to start obeying the road rules and it might then become safer on the roads.
      Take th H out mate you're anything but humble

I have no issue with fines for non registration, or riding while on hold
      But demerit points on a tax collection issue is ridiculous

Demerits for running a red, sweet as.
      Speeding, of course!
      Failing to give way, rake it up to 50 points!
      No WOF, give em the points by all means! (And WOF fines have NO demerits at this point of time)
      Etc etc........

But this crap about surrendering plates, demerits for expired reg or riding while on hold, is getting over the top and is just pathetic.
      Its tax enforcement, not road enforcement
      Add to it, the insult to injury of the multiple vehicle owners.

1 car and 4 motorcycles in my household
      2 operators
      Should be paying 2x ACC levy that includes a Motorcyclists fee, and a mere admin fee on the other vehicles.
      Then we would not put any on hold.....and could afford to keep em all fully licensed all year round
      oneofsix -
      Thats the problem isn't it. the whole system is fucked up, not just ones for road rules.
      and if we don't protest it will just get worse.
      Also think about why they want to use demerits for not have rego, its because the cost of rego is so high that the fines alone can't keep up so they are trying to divert. Part of the divide and conquer mentality.
      CookMySock -
      Quote Originally Posted by StoneY View Post
      But this crap about surrendering plates, demerits for expired reg or riding while on hold, is getting over the top and is just pathetic.
      Yeah but in five years from now it will be normal, and they will be onto their next money-making scheme and you and other so-called biker-related politicians will off on some red-herring trip organising some ribbon-wrapped bullshit that does nothing.

Wake the fuck up man. They are not going to stop finding new ways to fleece you and I. The only way that has ever worked is for the people to say NO and stand up to them, so start organising shit that does that and forget about trying to rim your glistening tip around their pink sphincter.

Sorry if thats harsh, but its true.
      BoristheBiter -
      Take th H out mate you're anything but humble

I have no issue with fines for non registration, or riding while on hold
      But demerit points on a tax collection issue is ridiculous

Demerits for running a red, sweet as.
      Speeding, of course!
      Failing to give way, rake it up to 50 points!
      No WOF, give em the points by all means! (And WOF fines have NO demerits at this point of time)
      Etc etc........

Its tax enforcement, not road enforcement
      Add to it, the insult to injury of the multiple vehicle owners.

1 car and 4 motorcycles in my household
      2 operators
      Should be paying 2x ACC levy that includes a Motorcyclists fee, and a mere admin fee on the other vehicles.
      Then we would not put any on hold.....and could afford to keep em all fully licensed all year round
      Too true. I'll take the H out.
      And i can't really disagree with any of your points above.

But (i knew you were waiting for this) tax penalty's are much higher than normal ones, ask anyone thats missed a due date, and we know most that have fines just won't pay them, it goes to court and gets wiped and starts again making fools out of us that do pay it.

so maybe the fine for no rego should be getting your car impounded until you pay back rego + fine + any other outstanding fines you have.

It is the first i have heard of having to surrender plates, what about personalized plates?
      Bald Eagle -
      :what about personalized plates?"

Be an interesting one as they are a private purchase and 'replace' the govt issued plate so are your property. Be damned if I'd splashed hundreds on a plate to surrender it to TPTB.
      miloking -
      1) Because it is the law. Why do some people think that they have a right to do things with out paying for them? or think that they are above the law?

There used to be law that black people are property of white people and that women shouldnt vote!.... your stance on "its LAW and therefore we should obey" is fucked up my friend!
      MSTRS:Me -
      Quote Originally Posted by miloking View Post
      There used to be law that black people are property of white people and that women shouldnt vote!.... your stance on "its LAW and therefore we should obey" is fucked up my friend!
      Yep.
      Laws that are for 'the good of the people'
      Laws that are for 'the good of the system'
      Spearfish -
      at least 10 characters.
      BoristheBiter -
      Quote Originally Posted by miloking View Post
      Bit late with that one numpty, oneofsix said it back on post #20.
      Spearfish -
      at least 10 characters.
      miloking -
      Quote Originally Posted by Spearfish View Post
      I bet you still stop for those red traffic lights on aucklands on ramps.......even when the farken things are on midday for no farken reason.
      Oh i thought those are only for cars...well thats why everybody gives me evil looks as i zoom past them. Lol
      StoneY -
      Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
      Yeah but in five years from now it will be normal, and they will be onto their next money-making scheme and you and other so-called biker-related politicians will off on some red-herring trip organising some ribbon-wrapped bullshit that does nothing.
      For a start Steve I aint a fuckin politician (yet) I represent a small branch of concerned bikers that to date have fought a bloody hard battle with limited results..... but at least we do it out in the open.

Wake the fuck up man. They are not going to stop finding new ways to fleece you and I. The only way that has ever worked is for the people to say NO and stand up to them, so start organising shit that does that and forget about trying to rim your glistening tip around their pink sphincter.
      I am awake, and if you try to allude to me slipping my glistenning tip around anyones fucking sphincter, you had better start running...I take offence to that statement, whether or not you're a mate.

Sorry if thats harsh, but its true.
      No its not the truth, its fuckin delusional dude.....

You like to carry on about standing up to the man, do something that will make them realise we cant be fucked with....blah blah blah...well show us Steve, lead the way dude....or are you just another rabid nutter on a web forum?

Organise something yourself, lets see you do something other than rant on Kiwibiker dude...coz I sure have and you have got a long way to go to catch up with MAG or BRONZ efforts to date fellah
      MSTRS:Me -
      For a start Steve I aint a fuckin politician (yet) I represent a small branch of concerned bikers that to date have fought a bloody hard battle with limited results..... but at least we do it out in the open.

I am awake, and if you try to allude to me slipping my glistenning tip around anyones fucking sphincter, you had better start running...I take offence to that statement, whether or not you're a mate.

No its not the truth, its fuckin delusional dude.....

You like to carry on about standing up to the man, do something that will make them realise we cant be fucked with....blah blah blah...well show us Steve, lead the way dude....or are you just another rabid nutter on a web forum?

Organise something yourself, lets see you do something other than rant on Kiwibiker dude...coz I sure have and you have got a long way to go to catch up with MAG or BRONZ efforts to date fellah
      Waste of effort, mate. DB is but a keyboard warrior, a loudmouth with no substance, all wind and piss. True revolutionaries don't sell icecream to kids.
      CookMySock -
      You get really good results bro. Take a look so far - I bet you have more contacts in high places now than you ever did. Sorry you don't like these words bud, but the fact is you are more interested in making sure your political future has merit with them than with us. I see through it really well mate, and the bottom line is you are never going to do anything that offends them upstairs because it will shit in your nest and root any proposition for you for the future.

So good luck with your political future ay bro, but be aware there will always be people like me around to keep it real.

Turn up any time and discuss bro - I'm your mate - remember, and friends speak up and say shit when they should, and if they do you should pay attention coz many will not - it's the people who are not your friends that don't mean shit.

Think about it.
      Str8 Jacket -
      OK ladies, put down the icecreams!!!

Oh, I mean handbags....
      StoneY -
      I like my handbag Helz!

It holds a brick nicely.............just for duelling with Steve
      Str8 Jacket -
      I like my handbag Helz!

It holds a brick nicely.............just for duelling with Steve
      Your handbag looks like a banjo??