• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: husaberg Today, 15:38 Go to last post
  • Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club - 'Smurfs Up' Blue September Fundraiser

'Smurfs Up' Blue September Fundraiser

....and why not....

As part of the Blue September prostate cancer appeal, the Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club invite you all to join them for a jolly nice day out on the wild west coast.

Yes indeed my lovelies, a relaxed pootle to Raglan followed by a feed at the Raglan Hotel rounding off with the 'Blue Bits' fundraising auction.

Auckland riders will depart from BP Papakura and then stop off to collect other riders along the way.

So, the deal is:

When: Sunday 18th September 2011

Time: Auckland riders meet at BP Papakura (Autobahn for you fancy european people) at 9.30am for a 10.00am start. Ride straight down the good old SH1 where we will stop off at the BP Ngaruawahia to collect anyone else before we head through to Raglan. ETA at Ngaruawahia is 11.00am.

Food: Arrive at approx 12 noon at the Raglan Hotel for a feed and a chin wag

Then: Bring something blue for the 'Blue Bits' Auction, all proceeds raised to go to the Blue September Prostate cabcer Appeal.

There will also be official Blue September Appeal wristbands for sale as well as free blue facepaint, just incase anyone feels like giving it the big Braveheart look.

This ride has been recognised by the Blue September Appeal as an official fundraising event so come along and enjoy the ride. Check out the events section here:

http://www.blueseptember.org.nz/blue...ber_events.php

The idea is also for every rider to wear something blue as well, just to round it of nicely.

Right O, thats the idea, hope you can make it
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Fat Bikers Motorcycle Club - 'Smurfs Up' Blue September Fundraiser started by Fatt Max View original post
    Comments 31 Comments
      crystalball -
      I have a blue bike I think I will come too.
      wysper -
      Since I couldn't make the Waiheke ride, I am going to try and do this one!

I will try and find something blue to wear too!
      crystalball -
      oh yes I wear sumthin blue too.. Also what sort of blue thing or things do we buy?...2nd hand or new?
      wysper -
      Quote Originally Posted by crystalball View Post
      oh yes I wear sumthin blue too.. Also what sort of blue thing or things do we buy?...2nd hand or new?
      I am going to make a couple of things.
      Murray -
      Quote Originally Posted by wysper View Post
      I am going to make a couple of things.
      You need to make a bigger tummy - weight limit to attend Fat Bikers Club is above 10 stone
      wysper -
      Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
      You need to make a bigger tummy - weight limit to attend Fat Bikers Club is above 10 stone
      Can I add my bike to the weight limit requirements?
      DEVVIL -
      Blue pies I'm in.
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by DEVVIL View Post
      Blue pies I'm in.
      Well if there's blue pies I most certainly will be attending
      mrmeal -
      Just to clarify the specs of any said Blue pie for some (Madduck)... Pastry surrounds the filling to qualify for it to be a pie, other wise it is just mince, or steak on a plate

lol bring on the blue bits. I'm in and will be in the non leathers (blue) for this one. lets have a gas ball of fun team!
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by mrmeal View Post
      Pastry surrounds the filling to qualify
      Blah! Pastry is over rated as far as I am concerned
      DEATH_INC. -
      Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
      Blah! Pastry is over rated as far as I am concerned
      Sacrilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Go stand in the naughty corner!
      Fatt Max -
      Well, to be fair to MD, she does stand by her word.

Here is a person who was tasked with buying a sausage roll and came back with only the saiusage.

Still. cannot believe a founder member of the FBMC would allow herself to be quoted by saying 'Pastry Is Over Rated'. It's a bit like saying 'Pies Are The Devil's Poop'

We can only hope that the error of her ways is seen in good time....
      allycatz -
      Remember guys, early detection is the key...ie a simple blood test. My partner has just had Brachiotherapy (radioactive implants in prostate) after two small areas of cancer were found (10 & 42%). Fortunately no other cancer has been found and his prognosis is likely a full recovery.
      MadDuck -
      Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
      Go stand in the naughty corner!
      ok. I have learnt not to say such bad things again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      Here is a person who was tasked with buying a sausage roll and came back with only the saiusage.
      At least I remembered the sausage!
      Fatt Max -
      Blimey, we've made the local rag down in Raglan......no pun intended

Check it out here:

http://issuu.com/raglanchronicle/docs/sep.8/3
      wysper -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Max View Post
      Blimey, we've made the local rag down in Raglan......no pun intended

Check it out here:

http://issuu.com/raglanchronicle/docs/sep.8/3
      Damn, can't expand it to read it, I just get a big blank white screen when I 'click to read' it.

I wonder why?

But I will see you there as long as my bike is sorted on sat, I will most likely meet you at Ngaruawahia (sp?)
      Lucyloo -
      Hey Max!
      Great article in the local eastern suburbs newspaper this week....photo and all!
      REally looking forward to the ride.
      L.
      Fatt Max -
      Blimey, the Smurfs Up ride has even made the local rags in Auckland......

Attachment 246486

Everyone welcome, a nice day out regardless of waistline dimensions
      Fatt Max -
      Quote Originally Posted by wysper View Post
      Damn, can't expand it to read it, I just get a big blank white screen when I 'click to read' it.

I wonder why?

But I will see you there as long as my bike is sorted on sat, I will most likely meet you at Ngaruawahia (sp?)
      Try this mate, hopefully its better for ya.....

Attachment 246528
      Fatt Max -
      Well, the ‘Smurfs Up’ ride is shaping up to be a beauty. The Blue September charity have been in touch and supplied us with all sorts of goodies for the run such as face paint, wrist bands, tattoos etc.

These will all be available once we get to the venue.

I also have a very limited amount of official Blue September campaign T shirts which will fit over your bike jackets to wear on the ride down.

Jeff at the Harbour View hotel has flicked me copies of the menus they will be running on the day, you can find them here

Don’t forget to bring something along for the auction. It has to be either something blue or bike related. Either way lets see if we can raise a few bucks for this worthy cause.

Also, it would be great to get as much blue decoration on our bikes as possible. The Blue September people tell me there will be an official photographer in Raglan on the day so it would make a great piccie.

That’s all from me. Take care of yourselves and I look forward to seeing you on the 18th. This run will happen rain or shine , ooohh, might get to see some of you in waterproofs….ooohh….

Missing you already….
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)