• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: diesel pig Today, 20:08 Go to last post
    Haufen

the clean two-stroke thread

Thread Starter: Haufen

As our beloved two-strokes are likely to disappear in the not so distant future, this thread shall serve as pool a for anything clean two-stroke related. The goal of this thread is to provide information, share the latest news and publications on two-stroke technology and discuss possible ways...

Last Post By: Niels Abildgaard Today, 04:55 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: jim.cox Today, 09:50 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

Another (road) litre bike bites the dust in Europe

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

The R1 and R1M are being dropped from the road bike line up in Europe, like the GSXR before it. Euro 5+ emission laws and dwindling sales are the main, if not only, reasons. Like the R6 there will be a track only version. https://www.rideapart.com/news/709594/yamaha-r1-r1m-discontinued-europe/ ...

Last Post By: roogazza Today, 16:56 Go to last post
    Laava

Ducati Cadet/Mountaineer

Thread Starter: Laava

I am interested in finding parts, a wreck, or even a complete machine for my next rebuild project. A mint one could sell for approx $5-8k based on recent overseas sales I found online thanks in advance! Al.

Last Post By: Laava Today, 19:08 Go to last post
  • Cancer Ride Postponment

Cancer Baton Ride Postponed 24 hours

*Ride now postponed till Sunday 4th*

The warnings are out and the risks are high...Wind Gusts/Rain/Debris
    It is unwise and dangerous to ride in such conditions.
    I have pm'd all Regional Leaders and they are in agreement.

The weather system will be gone by the time our feet hit the floor on Sunday and I believe that is the better/safer day to do this ride.

All times and stops remain in place...see ya there.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Cancer Ride Postponment started by Maha View original post
    Comments 18 Comments
      martybabe -
      Thanks Mark, disappointed but it is definitely the right decision, Wagons roll on Sunny Sunday.
      Maha -
      Just spoken to Tony and he says its the right call also Marty...
      Sunday...will need tinted visor and .
      yungatart -
      Good call, Maha. Safety first, eh?
      86GSXR -
      All good, don't mind the wet but those winds sound pretty full on. Roll on Sunday!
      Mom -
      Good call you guys. No point in taking risks you dont need to. I just hope it clears up here for us limping walkers Mind you cordura is FTW
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
      Good call, Maha. Safety first, eh?
      Paramount Janet...

''MetService meteorologist Daniel Corbett said a deep and vigorous low would pass over the North Island.

"This is a serious situation and poses a weather hazard for many North Island places. Gales are expected over all of the North Island. These may be severe and damaging in some areas, particularly on Saturday morning."

Corbett said the forecasters still had to see the whites of the storm's eyes, but the wind could reach 120kmh and sea swells 6-8 metres.

The gale-force northerly winds would be followed by a rough south-westerly.

Corbett said it would also be cold, with temperatures generally lower than normal.

"This is a recipe for cold driving rain," Corbett said. "Those who are out and about on Saturday are likely to describe the conditions with words like 'miserable' or 'atrocious'."
      Gremlin -
      KoroJ is kindly letting me bludge another night, so I'll be there on Sunday instead...
      ynot slow -
      Well done,must admit watching forecast I was dubious re winds,no way is it safe if gusts of 120plus km.
      yungatart -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
      KoroJ is kindly letting me bludge another night, so I'll be there on Sunday instead...
      That KoroJ is a good man...best give him a hug!
      Rehab -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Paramount Janet...

''MetService meteorologist Daniel Corbett said a deep and vigorous low would pass over the North Island.[/B]
      There are many times when deep and vigorous is just whatcha need, but not when it comes to a weather system.....

Good call and looking forward to Sunday.
      dogsnbikes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Cancer Baton Ride Postponed 24 hours

*Ride now postponed till Sunday 4th*

The warnings are out and the risks are high...Wind Gusts/Rain/Debris
      It is unwise and dangerous to ride in such conditions.
      I have pm'd all Regional Leaders and they are in agreement.

The weather system will be gone by the time our feet hit the floor on Sunday and I believe that is the better/safer day to do this ride.

All times and stops remain in place...see ya there.
      Your not getting out of cooking man burgers,just so you know

Just got home so catching up on the news will see you sunday
      mashman -
      pussy's... sunday it is (I don't fancy ridin in that shite TBH) thanks for the heads up
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
      pussy's... sunday it is (I don't fancy ridin in that shite TBH) thanks for the heads up
      How far are you riding...the T Shirts are ready and I am picking some up today to bring down on Sunday..as far as Te Kuiti.
      mashman -
      Only up to Sanson. Tis Children's Day and as much as I'd like to ride further norf, I'd rather spend time with ma kids
      Hellzie -
      Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
      Only up to Sanson. Tis Children's Day and as much as I'd like to ride further norf, I'd rather spend time with ma kids
      It's sweet as I will post the tshirts as planned. Have fun with your kids!
      mashman -
      Chars muchly Hellzie. have a great day ya'll
      KoroJ -
      Quote Originally Posted by yungatart View Post
      That KoroJ is a good man...best give him a hug!

Yeah.....well thanks for that!!

The big oaf turned up and tried to give me a hug!!??#&%@

As Ned Stark says, "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Next time you want to hug me at least have the decency to do it yourself!!
      yungatart -
      Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
      Yeah.....well thanks for that!!

The big oaf turned up and tried to give me a hug!!??#&%@

As Ned Stark says, "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Next time you want to hug me at least have the decency to do it yourself!!
      Willingly...I would hug you any time, but I never seem to see you, so I just get random people to do it for me