• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Today, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: iYRe Today, 06:36 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Today, 15:59 Go to last post
    SaferRides

Unopened brake fluid shelf life?

Thread Starter: SaferRides

Pretty much what the thread title says. There is a variety of opinions for opened containers, but little info on how long you should keep unopened fluid. I have some that was made in 10/2017 and am hesitant to use it.

Last Post By: SaferRides Today, 06:31 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Today, 20:31 Go to last post
  • Give Way Rules Have Changed

Give Way Rules Have Changed

Please note that two of the Give Way rules change tomorrow (Sunday 25th March 2012) at 5:00am.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/arou...user-rule.html

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/arou...rule-quiz.html

http://www.giveway.co.nz/interactive

Be careful and pay attention!!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Give Way Rules Change Tomorrow started by Mental Trousers View original post
    Comments 40 Comments
      superman -
      BEST DAY to get that vehicle you've over insured written off.
      mashman -
      I was hoping, on the interactive one, that it would end horrifically if I got the answers wrong... no such luck...

Fingers crossed everyone
      DrunkenMistake -
      Ill be riding on the footpath thanks.
      ducatilover -
      Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
      I was hoping, on the interactive one, that it would end horrifically if I got the answers wrong... no such luck...

Fingers crossed everyone
      I aimed for the cyclist, nothing happened
      Pussy -
      From all the stuff about it that I have seen on telly and in the papers... buying a green car will sort it. No worries.
      Maha -
      Just remember...that even if you think you have a handle on the new Give Way rule, the other person may not.

Being Vigilant is the key.
      scumdog -
      Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
      Just remember...that even if you think you have a handle on the new Give Way rule, the other person may not.

Being Vigilant is the key.
      Last line sums it up - plus a big dose of courtesy...
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
      Last line sums it up - plus a big dose of courtesy...
      Indeed, only a fool will take to the roads tomorrow in the belief that all is well.
      mashman -
      Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
      I aimed for the cyclist, nothing happened
      better luck tomorrow
      Berries -
      I've been using the new rules for the past three weeks and haven't had a problem.
      Gremlin -
      Indeed, only a fool will take to the roads tomorrow in the belief that all is well.
      Or some of us simply must make things harder for ourselves. New tyres (knobbly 50/50 tyres of course) being fitted tomorrow with a forecast of rain and the rules changing
      Floppy disk -
      Don't be worried about tomorrow. Everyone will be attentive. It's the days and weeks that follow that are the real concern as people's vigilance drops and reflexes take over. Those 10 and 20 year old driving reflexes..
      StiffyAlways -
      Quote Originally Posted by Floppy disk View Post
      Don't be worried about tomorrow. Everyone will be attentive. It's the days and weeks that follow that are the real concern as people's vigilance drops and reflexes take over. Those 10 and 20 year old driving reflexes..
      Yep, just like when youre first learning to drive. Every intersection youre thinking "who gives way", after a few months it becomes habit/instinct and you stop thinking. Im predicting next weekend is when the accidents will happen....you may have learnt the new rules, but has your subconcious?..
      Scuba_Steve -
      pfft all is well, they either know the new rules or buy me a new vehicle.
      Needless to say I'm not on the bike at the mo & I could do with a new cage, this ones getting expensive to run.
      SMOKEU -
      I'm sticking to the push bike from now on around town.
      James Deuce -
      No one knew what the old ones were. How will a rule change make ANYTHING different from the "watch out for myself first" MO you should be using?
      Maha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
      pfft all is well, they either know the new rules or buy me a new vehicle.
      Needless to say I'm not on the bike at the mo & I could do with a new cage, this ones getting expensive to run.
      I just tested a change...me turning right giving way to a vehicle turning left and another vehicle turning right out of the road I was turning into, giving way to me...driver said ''well done bro''!...success
      FJRider -
      Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
      I'm sticking to the push bike from now on around town.
      Wear a Hi vis' vest ... it gives us a better aiming point ....
      mossy1200 -
      Simple.If your turning and going to hit someone in the drivers door your in the wrong.

Wait .That says if someone else gets it wrong your Forked.
      Time to weld plate in drivers door incase it goes demo derby out there.

on the bike ill be stoping for anything that looks like it might hit me.
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events