• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Today, 09:10 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: F5 Dave Today, 17:39 Go to last post
  • Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013

The BIG BIKE DAY OUT is happening at Hampton Downs on the 23rd and 24th Feb 2013. Playday have booked the last weekend in February for the next 10 years and we are hosting the first annual Track day festival, but not just any track day we are having Big bikers BBQ and the Bar will be open from when the last bike session stops, the Live band will play till their fingers fall off or they get thirsty. Camping overnight is not a problem and we would love to have you stay. Hamptons Apartments are available as well so your partner can sit on the balcony all day watching with the best view of the track and you get a bloody good sleep for the next day, book Saturday night and you can also book Sunday till 4pm with a late check-out.

Saturday 4 groups;

Cruiser, controlled speed group no more than 120 Kph with roaming marshals to keep the speed down.

Slow/novice, I don’t like the word "slow", speed challenged maybe better. New riders or riders not wanting any pressure to go fast but still want to stretch the legs when they like.

Medium, Sport bikes and Motards for the experienced riders that feel the need.

Fast, for the racer or super-fast sport rider, we have some of the top riders coming so even watching will be inspiring enough.

Sunday

Slow/novice, New riders or riders not wanting any pressure to go fast but still want to stretch the legs when they like.

Medium, Sport bikes and Motards for the experienced riders that feel the need.

Fast, for the racer or super-fast sport rider, we have some of the top riders coming so even watching will be inspiring enough for most of us.

4th group to be confirmed

Important note below

All Groups will have a maximum number of riders per group, once booked out it is full and we will not exceed our limit sorry people. Playday like to give you plenty of room whilst you’re on the track.
    Booking is essential people so if you want a spot better book in ASAP. The last 7 Playday Bike events have booked out weeks in advance in every group so don't hesitate or you will be a spectator and that’s not a bad thing either. Please email bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz or http://www.hdticketing.co.nz/ web site will be up and running in the next week to book online.

We have our major Sponsor BRM and also Protecta Insurance, Spectrum Kawasaki, Honda NZ and Californian Super Bikes who have all come on board to make The BIG BIKE DAY OUT a success and we thank them big time.

Trade Stands, you are more than welcome and it is FREE, no charge at all. Stand size, whatever X whatever, we have a huge car park. Come and show off your goodies. As long as you are trade related and are not selling Food or Drink we would love to have you. Trade stand holders you must book in 1 month prior to the event just so we know where we are going to park you, please email us at bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Spectators, FREE, bring the kids, granddad and your auntie. Please leave your Dogs at home, no pets at a race track sorry and yes a little dog is still a dog.

Camping, FREE, Hamptons don't have a camp ground but we do have a grass area you can setup your Pup tent. Please email us if you intend to camp please bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Pit Garages, can be hired per bike or an entire garage per day or weekend. You can park your bike over night or set up your trade stand inside, the space is yours to hire.

Entry fee for riders;

Saturday includes 1 Playday bike entry, 1 Big Biker BBQ ticket, Live band and DJ entertainment $175

Sunday 1 Playday bike entry $150

Both days including all the above $299

Extra Big Biker BBQ tickets can be purchased on the day for $25 from Austins Caterers at the Cafe

If you would like any more information please contact us at bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Thanks people, the team at Playday love what we do and enjoy running the days for you but if you think we could do something better let us know and we will make it happen.

See you at The BIG BIKE DAY OUT.

Cheers Ash, Ed, Tony and Gary

Gary 021 1330111 anytime
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013 started by Playday View original post
    Comments 88 Comments
      discotex -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
      Usually $25 per bike per day....
      Ahh sweet that's well worth it.
      angelindisguise -
      does anyone know if there's a spectators fee?
      Gianz -
      for us speed challenged do we have to have full leathers or is zippable textile ok?
      insane1 -
      wnat"s the story with spectators dont think im ready for this sort of thing to soon havent sussed the vfr 1200 out just yet.
      Geeen -
      Quote Originally Posted by angelindisguise View Post
      does anyone know if there's a spectators fee?

Quote Originally Posted by insane1 View Post
      wnat"s the story with spectators dont think im ready for this sort of thing to soon havent sussed the vfr 1200 out just yet.
      The opening post says spectators are FREE :thumbup: planning on taking my child's with me for a gander

Not sent from an iDevice
      angelindisguise -
      woops, must not have had my glasses on when i first read it.... thanks for the info
      Phreak -
      I'm booked in for the Sunday, slow / novice group. Can't wait! :-)
      khabel -
      Hi

I've booked both days and have been charged for them, was I meant to get an email confirmation saying I have a spot or do I just turn up on the day and my name will be on the list?
      DidJit -
      You’ll get sent an email in the week before the event with your registration form attached (for you to print and fill out). That’s how it has happened in the past anyway.
      Petrolic -
      Just booked for both days. Man what an ordeal. Had to sign up an account to yet another website, pretty cheeky really. Now just after a shared garage for both days, how bouts do I go that. Can we get in friday night does anyone know?
      DidJit -
      Shared garages are easy as — just $25 cash per day when you sign in. With regard to getting in on the Friday night, maybe flick the organisers an email: bikes (at) playdayontrack.co.nz.
      Wheeliemonsta -
      Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
      Looking positive thanks.
      Couple of things, do my 2 piece leather have to zip together, will I have to wear a back protector?
      Oh and can I run my 'cruiser' in the medium group?

Cheers
      Straight to the "FAST" group for you boyo...
      bosslady -
      Sucks that you have to have leathers even for the cruiser or slow/novice group. I'd have considered this otherwise I think.
      Grant` -
      I see all days are now full apart from slow/novice riders groups on both days.. should both be good days as long as they have sorted out the track issues.
      vinducati -
      I sent an email to Hampton, regarding the problems with the repairs at the Classic Festival.
      That is the new seal being very fresh and slick.
      They have assured me they have been working very hard and will have the track in good condition for the weekend.
      Looking forward to it.
      Grant` -
      Quote Originally Posted by vinducati View Post
      I sent an email to Hampton, regarding the problems with the repairs at the Classic Festival.
      That is the new seal being very fresh and slick.
      They have assured me they have been working very hard and will have the track in good condition for the weekend.
      Looking forward to it.
      In all fairness i had a mate stop in pre the triumph days and got told the same thing.. will wait and see on the day.. here's hoping its in top condition!
      Playday -
      Hi people, it’s all happening this weekend. The fast group and medium have sold out and only a few slow/novice spots left. The trade stands people are all organised and will be packing their vans to the hilt. The Cruiser group did not really work with numbers so we have made two free Cruiser Group sessions on the Saturday 1pm and 3.30pm approximately(Saturday only) The Cruiser groups will be restricted to road speeds and our roaming marshals shall be looking after the safety out on the track. Your normal riding clothing will be fine, full leathers recommended but not essential. We would love to have you out there

So just to recap

• Free Entry
      • Free Spectators
      • Free Track time (Saturday Only)
      • Free Live Band
      • Free Camping
      • And a bloody good time

With the Supertourers running on the circuit last weekend the track is great and those boys gave it a thrashing, the repairs have held up well and Hamptons have got on top of the problem.

We are going to have a awesome weekend
      Playday -
      And yes camping and setup is from 5pm friday night. Hamptons have another booking on during the day on Friday so we can not gain access till 5PM Friday
      bosslady -
      Quote Originally Posted by Playday View Post
      Hi people, it’s all happening this weekend. The fast group and medium have sold out and only a few slow/novice spots left. The trade stands people are all organised and will be packing their vans to the hilt. The Cruiser group did not really work with numbers so we have made two free Cruiser Group sessions on the Saturday 1pm and 3.30pm approximately(Saturday only) The Cruiser groups will be restricted to road speeds and our roaming marshals shall be looking after the safety out on the track. Your normal riding clothing will be fine, full leathers recommended but not essential. We would love to have you out there

So just to recap

• Free Entry
      • Free Spectators
      • Free Track time (Saturday Only)
      • Free Live Band
      • Free Camping
      • And a bloody good time

With the Supertourers running on the circuit last weekend the track is great and those boys gave it a thrashing, the repairs have held up well and Hamptons have got on top of the problem.

We are going to have a awesome weekend
      So you're saying now the "Cruiser" group is *FREE*? Just to confirm... and what's the definition of "Cruiser" again? Just that it's restricted to road speed? Suits me fine I can't go much past that any way... I would just be wearing my two piece textiles and helmet, gloves of course..
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
      So you're saying now the "Cruiser" group is *FREE*? Just to confirm... and what's the definition of "Cruiser" again? Just that it's restricted to road speed? Suits me fine I can't go much past that any way... I would just be wearing my two piece textiles and helmet, gloves of course..
      Yes thats it road speed, no heros just a cruise. and did I mention its FREE. No need to register just turn up on the day. Hyosung NZ are doing a ride out both days from Barrys Point Rd leaving there at 10.30am
      "textiles and helmet, gloves" and decent foot wear will be fine.

cheers
      Gary