• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: F5 Dave Yesterday, 19:09 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: Autech Today, 06:03 Go to last post
    dangerous

older riders surviving badly

Thread Starter: dangerous

... this has been on my mind a bit of late, more so the last week with the 2nd funeral of a friend on Saturday, earlier in the year was a very dear friend at 49yrs old, hers was avery freak acco... last week a van turned in front of a friend... 48yrs... Now Im 50 and I know I have passed my "best...

Last Post By: SPman Yesterday, 15:59 Go to last post
    rastuscat

Psychology of road safety

Thread Starter: rastuscat

For those who have too much time on their hands. Interesting thoughts on road safety. And the arguments as to why driver education isn't the golden egg it's made out to be. Pete

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 20:31 Go to last post
  • Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013

The BIG BIKE DAY OUT is happening at Hampton Downs on the 23rd and 24th Feb 2013. Playday have booked the last weekend in February for the next 10 years and we are hosting the first annual Track day festival, but not just any track day we are having Big bikers BBQ and the Bar will be open from when the last bike session stops, the Live band will play till their fingers fall off or they get thirsty. Camping overnight is not a problem and we would love to have you stay. Hamptons Apartments are available as well so your partner can sit on the balcony all day watching with the best view of the track and you get a bloody good sleep for the next day, book Saturday night and you can also book Sunday till 4pm with a late check-out.

Saturday 4 groups;

Cruiser, controlled speed group no more than 120 Kph with roaming marshals to keep the speed down.

Slow/novice, I don’t like the word "slow", speed challenged maybe better. New riders or riders not wanting any pressure to go fast but still want to stretch the legs when they like.

Medium, Sport bikes and Motards for the experienced riders that feel the need.

Fast, for the racer or super-fast sport rider, we have some of the top riders coming so even watching will be inspiring enough.

Sunday

Slow/novice, New riders or riders not wanting any pressure to go fast but still want to stretch the legs when they like.

Medium, Sport bikes and Motards for the experienced riders that feel the need.

Fast, for the racer or super-fast sport rider, we have some of the top riders coming so even watching will be inspiring enough for most of us.

4th group to be confirmed

Important note below

All Groups will have a maximum number of riders per group, once booked out it is full and we will not exceed our limit sorry people. Playday like to give you plenty of room whilst you’re on the track.
    Booking is essential people so if you want a spot better book in ASAP. The last 7 Playday Bike events have booked out weeks in advance in every group so don't hesitate or you will be a spectator and that’s not a bad thing either. Please email bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz or http://www.hdticketing.co.nz/ web site will be up and running in the next week to book online.

We have our major Sponsor BRM and also Protecta Insurance, Spectrum Kawasaki, Honda NZ and Californian Super Bikes who have all come on board to make The BIG BIKE DAY OUT a success and we thank them big time.

Trade Stands, you are more than welcome and it is FREE, no charge at all. Stand size, whatever X whatever, we have a huge car park. Come and show off your goodies. As long as you are trade related and are not selling Food or Drink we would love to have you. Trade stand holders you must book in 1 month prior to the event just so we know where we are going to park you, please email us at bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Spectators, FREE, bring the kids, granddad and your auntie. Please leave your Dogs at home, no pets at a race track sorry and yes a little dog is still a dog.

Camping, FREE, Hamptons don't have a camp ground but we do have a grass area you can setup your Pup tent. Please email us if you intend to camp please bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Pit Garages, can be hired per bike or an entire garage per day or weekend. You can park your bike over night or set up your trade stand inside, the space is yours to hire.

Entry fee for riders;

Saturday includes 1 Playday bike entry, 1 Big Biker BBQ ticket, Live band and DJ entertainment $175

Sunday 1 Playday bike entry $150

Both days including all the above $299

Extra Big Biker BBQ tickets can be purchased on the day for $25 from Austins Caterers at the Cafe

If you would like any more information please contact us at bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Thanks people, the team at Playday love what we do and enjoy running the days for you but if you think we could do something better let us know and we will make it happen.

See you at The BIG BIKE DAY OUT.

Cheers Ash, Ed, Tony and Gary

Gary 021 1330111 anytime
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013 started by Playday View original post
    Comments 88 Comments
      DMNTD:Me -
      Looking positive thanks.
      Couple of things, do my 2 piece leather have to zip together, will I have to wear a back protector?
      Oh and can I run my 'cruiser' in the medium group?

Cheers
      Madness -
      Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
      ...do my 2 piece leather have to zip together & can I run my 'cruiser' in the medium group?
      Did someone eat too much Pavlova yesterday?

When did you get a cruiser?
      Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
      Did someone eat too much Pavlova yesterday?

When did you get a cruiser?
      Well technically it is innit?
      Madness -
      Looking positive thanks.
      Couple of things, do my 2 piece leather have to zip together, will I have to wear a back protector?
      Oh and can I run my 'cruiser' in the medium group?

Cheers
      Hi, Leathers need to be zip together, back protector not compulsory but highly recommended. What type of cruiser are you on and have you been to a track day previously?

cheers Gary
      shonofear -
      hi Gary,
      does it need to be a full 270 degree type zipper?
      and obviously proper leather racing type boots?
      cheers
      Quote Originally Posted by Playday View Post
      Hi, Leathers need to be zip together, back protector not compulsory but highly recommended. What type of cruiser are you on and have you been to a track day previously?

cheers Gary
      My 'cruiser' is a Ducati Diavel and I seem to have no issues keeping up in the corners too much.
      Done plenty many track days so know what to expect
      JafaSaffer -
      Now this is going to be fun....
      Damantis -
      May be time to pop my track-day cherry!
      bosslady -
      wow this sounds like so much fun, count me in next year! I mean, year after next
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by shonofear View Post
      hi Gary,
      does it need to be a full 270 degree type zipper?
      and obviously proper leather racing type boots?
      cheers
      Full leathers required with a 270 degree zip, Motorcycle boots, gloves and approved helmet(Helmet to be free from previous crash or impact damage). Back protector hyighly recommended.
      cheers
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
      My 'cruiser' is a Ducati Diavel and I seem to have no issues keeping up in the corners too much.
      Done plenty many track days so know what to expect
      Thats cool, on can book either with hdticketing or direct with Playday on Track.

thanks for that
      JafaSaffer -
      Are all the slow groups booked out? Looking at this link: http://www.hdticketing.co.nz/index.php/cPath/35

I only see fast medium and cruisers and race groups.

Thanks,
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by JafaSaffer View Post
      Are all the slow groups booked out? Looking at this link: http://www.hdticketing.co.nz/index.php/cPath/35

I only see fast medium and cruisers and race groups.

Thanks,
      Sorry about that as soon as our little web master is back from hoilday the 4th group will be added.
      Harry up -
      This looks great! 2 days smashing around Hampton, doesn't get much better than that..
      Petrolic -
      Sounds great, I need to stretch out the old legs before the CSS in march. I wonder if the bike still starts??
      Playday -
      Hi Guys,

We have all groups listed and our online booking is up to date www.hdticketing.co.nz/index.php/cPath/35 will take you straight there. We have bookings flying in at the moment with everyone back at work, so don't leave it to late as once each group is sold out, it is sold out. cheers
      busadayz -
      I notice on your site it says to leave all trailers away from the pit area for the cars. Are bikes still able to use the pit garages?
      discotex -
      Woohoo all booked in.. Been meaning to do a HD trackday for ages.

How much is garage hire likely to be?
      Mort -
      Quote Originally Posted by discotex View Post
      Woohoo all booked in.. Been meaning to do a HD trackday for ages.

How much is garage hire likely to be?
      Usually $25 per bike per day....