• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: Orengo98 Today, 08:13 Go to last post
    husaberg

Oddball engines and prototypes

Thread Starter: husaberg

As the title says........

Last Post By: Pursang Today, 00:20 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: HenryDorsetCase Yesterday, 17:04 Go to last post
    jellywrestler

Moto GP Moto 2 and moto 3 2024 race times in NZ

Thread Starter: jellywrestler

Thought i'd start a thread wih the actual race times on it, so some don't have to sieve through the other thread. I started watching the COTA round but fell asleep and missed the start of the Moto GP, I would rather have known the exact start time and set altm for that. Next round is Jerez...

Last Post By: onearmedbandit Yesterday, 14:14 Go to last post
  • Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013

The BIG BIKE DAY OUT is happening at Hampton Downs on the 23rd and 24th Feb 2013. Playday have booked the last weekend in February for the next 10 years and we are hosting the first annual Track day festival, but not just any track day we are having Big bikers BBQ and the Bar will be open from when the last bike session stops, the Live band will play till their fingers fall off or they get thirsty. Camping overnight is not a problem and we would love to have you stay. Hamptons Apartments are available as well so your partner can sit on the balcony all day watching with the best view of the track and you get a bloody good sleep for the next day, book Saturday night and you can also book Sunday till 4pm with a late check-out.

Saturday 4 groups;

Cruiser, controlled speed group no more than 120 Kph with roaming marshals to keep the speed down.

Slow/novice, I don’t like the word "slow", speed challenged maybe better. New riders or riders not wanting any pressure to go fast but still want to stretch the legs when they like.

Medium, Sport bikes and Motards for the experienced riders that feel the need.

Fast, for the racer or super-fast sport rider, we have some of the top riders coming so even watching will be inspiring enough.

Sunday

Slow/novice, New riders or riders not wanting any pressure to go fast but still want to stretch the legs when they like.

Medium, Sport bikes and Motards for the experienced riders that feel the need.

Fast, for the racer or super-fast sport rider, we have some of the top riders coming so even watching will be inspiring enough for most of us.

4th group to be confirmed

Important note below

All Groups will have a maximum number of riders per group, once booked out it is full and we will not exceed our limit sorry people. Playday like to give you plenty of room whilst you’re on the track.
    Booking is essential people so if you want a spot better book in ASAP. The last 7 Playday Bike events have booked out weeks in advance in every group so don't hesitate or you will be a spectator and that’s not a bad thing either. Please email bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz or http://www.hdticketing.co.nz/ web site will be up and running in the next week to book online.

We have our major Sponsor BRM and also Protecta Insurance, Spectrum Kawasaki, Honda NZ and Californian Super Bikes who have all come on board to make The BIG BIKE DAY OUT a success and we thank them big time.

Trade Stands, you are more than welcome and it is FREE, no charge at all. Stand size, whatever X whatever, we have a huge car park. Come and show off your goodies. As long as you are trade related and are not selling Food or Drink we would love to have you. Trade stand holders you must book in 1 month prior to the event just so we know where we are going to park you, please email us at bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Spectators, FREE, bring the kids, granddad and your auntie. Please leave your Dogs at home, no pets at a race track sorry and yes a little dog is still a dog.

Camping, FREE, Hamptons don't have a camp ground but we do have a grass area you can setup your Pup tent. Please email us if you intend to camp please bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Pit Garages, can be hired per bike or an entire garage per day or weekend. You can park your bike over night or set up your trade stand inside, the space is yours to hire.

Entry fee for riders;

Saturday includes 1 Playday bike entry, 1 Big Biker BBQ ticket, Live band and DJ entertainment $175

Sunday 1 Playday bike entry $150

Both days including all the above $299

Extra Big Biker BBQ tickets can be purchased on the day for $25 from Austins Caterers at the Cafe

If you would like any more information please contact us at bikes@playdayontrack.co.nz

Thanks people, the team at Playday love what we do and enjoy running the days for you but if you think we could do something better let us know and we will make it happen.

See you at The BIG BIKE DAY OUT.

Cheers Ash, Ed, Tony and Gary

Gary 021 1330111 anytime
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Big Bike Day Out Playday at Hampton Downs, 23-24 Feb 2013 started by Playday View original post
    Comments 88 Comments
      aprilia_RS250 -
      Ok so I go to pay my $150 and see medium/fast groups are sold out. Jeesus. That quick!

I got a very quick R1, new sticky Michelins, one piece with new knee pads etc. Can I go with the slow pokes anyway? It's ok to overlap on the straights yeah? In Europe that was the standard if you got time poachers infront
      bosslady -
      Quote Originally Posted by Playday View Post
      Yes thats it road speed, no heros just a cruise. and did I mention its FREE. No need to register just turn up on the day. Hyosung NZ are doing a ride out both days from Barrys Point Rd leaving there at 10.30am
      "textiles and helmet, gloves" and decent foot wear will be fine.

cheers
      Gary
      Oops yea, boots! No need to register, that's good, but should we be there for the riders briefing? I know it's a cruisers group but maybe there's rules too? and what if you have too many ppl turn up? sorry for all the questions I'd like to go but wanna make sure before I arrange a sitter.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilia_RS250 View Post
      Ok so I go to pay my $150 and see medium/fast groups are sold out. Jeesus. That quick!

I got a very quick R1, new sticky Michelins, one piece with new knee pads etc. Can I go with the slow pokes anyway? It's ok to overlap on the straights yeah? In Europe that was the standard if you got time poachers infront

I should think you might stress them out?
      Playday -
      There will be a quick briefing prior to the 2 cruiser sessions just to reinforce that it is just a cruiser group, “track recognisance on a personal level” if you like. Not racing and you won’t need tyre warmers. If you haven’t been on the track at Hamptons before it is completely different from what you see on TV, you will love it. But be careful you could become addicted to Playdays.

No problem with questions
      bosslady -
      There will be a quick briefing prior to the 2 cruiser sessions just to reinforce that it is just a cruiser group, “track recognisance on a personal level” if you like. Not racing and you won’t need tyre warmers. If you haven’t been on the track at Hamptons before it is completely different from what you see on TV, you will love it. But be careful you could become addicted to Playdays.

No problem with questions
      Been to HD a few times but never on the track. Been on Taupo though one time. Now I need to find another newbie to come with...
      Playday -

Your R1 is an awesome bike but you really need to be in the Medium or Fast group. They are both fully booked and the Slow/Novice group does not sound it is the right place for you at all. So sorry buddy if we were to put you in slow/novice all as I can see is problems. Come for a ride out and have a look around so next time when you book early we will put you in the correct group and you can wear out your knee pads with others doing your speed.
      cheers
      mhm -
      can you also confirm what the deal is regarding licenses?my mate asked me the other day but didn't know what to tell him. he's wanting to head down for just a cruise round the track to see what its really like but his bike doesn't comply with his restricted license wont get in will he?that's what I told him anyway.cheers
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by mhm View Post
      can you also confirm what the deal is regarding licenses?my mate asked me the other day but didn't know what to tell him. he's wanting to head down for just a cruise round the track to see what its really like but his bike doesn't comply with his restricted license wont get in will he?that's what I told him anyway.cheers
      There is no place better to ride than on a track on a new or larger bike, get the feel for it and enjoy rather than worrying about the oncoming traffic. Your friend is more than welcome.
      Harry up -

Yeah, me too mate, me and my R1 will dodging coppers once again instead, wife and I were going to camp too, oh well....
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry up View Post
      Yeah, me too mate, me and my R1 will dodging coppers once again instead, wife and I were going to camp too, oh well....
      You can still camp its free
      Filterer -
      so we have made two free Cruiser Group sessions on the Saturday 1pm and 3.30pm approximately(Saturday only) The Cruiser groups will be restricted to road speeds and our roaming marshals shall be looking after the safety out on the track. Your normal riding clothing will be fine, full leathers recommended but not essential. We would love to have you out there
      I assume this isn't limited to a style of bike - but more a style of riding?

Nothing stopping someone (my wife) taking my bike (which is registered for the medium group while I am riding)?
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by Filterer View Post
      I assume this isn't limited to a style of bike - but more a style of riding?

Nothing stopping someone (my wife) taking my bike (which is registered for the medium group while I am riding)?
      You are right, what ever the bike is fine but she may not want to give your bike back mate
      mattc -
      If we are riding both days and will be in a garage can we leave bike/gear there overnight? Will it be locked up and safe?
      bosslady -
      Quote Originally Posted by mattc View Post
      If we are riding both days and will be in a garage can we leave bike/gear there overnight? Will it be locked up and safe?
      Lazy... I wouldn't... what if garage is already open when you get there in the morning? people are camping there / staying at accom. overnight... plenty of people about... perhaps that is the paranoid in me... I will help you get your bike back in the van, just not out again in the morning. Besides would insurance still apply if it gets pilfered there?
      Reckless -
      yeh me to for Slow novice??

Had to wait to see if my forks getting new seals would be ready? Have a mate from wellington doin karts on sunday so thought I might practice a few corners on the old SV.

Any spaces left??
      How many sessions in a day do you reckon Slow will get with 2 x road speed crusiers class sessions added and karts all on the program??
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by mattc View Post
      yes if your doing both days we can put your gear in a garage over night and they do lock. I will unlock the garages at 7am on Sunday morning. cheers
      Playday -
      Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
      yeh me to for Slow novice??

Had to wait to see if my forks getting new seals would be ready? Have a mate from wellington doin karts on sunday so thought I might practice a few corners on the old SV.

Any spaces left??
      How many sessions in a day do you reckon Slow will get with 2 x road speed crusiers class sessions added and karts all on the program??
      2 x road speed crusiers is only for Saturday and as playday only run 4 groups in total and Kartsport NZ have taken 1 of the 4 to host their national race meeting, so 5-6 session should not be a problem denpening on issue's

but in saying that all groups are now fully booked and a waiting list has been formed.
      Supermac Jr -
      only two more sleeps...
      can't wait!!!
      manxkiwi -

This thread has been up for a month or so. Updates on groups filling up. Snooze-lose I'm afraid.

Should be a good weekend for all.
      manxkiwi -
      2 x road speed crusiers is only for Saturday and as playday only run 4 groups in total and Kartsport NZ have taken 1 of the 4 to host their national race meeting, so 5-6 session should not be a problem denpening on issue's

but in saying that all groups are now fully booked and a waiting list has been formed.

Are the karts running both days? Will you put two groups together to free up a session slot?

Cheers.
      Reckless -
      Karts Sunday only according to my mate
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)