• Most Active Threads

TZ350

ESE's works engine tuner

Thread Starter: TZ350

. This is Thomas a Vietnamese race mechanic, you know that place where they have all those hot 50's and 125's are big bikes. Thomas, ESE's Race Team's Tuner is fettling number 9. adjusting the port timing for Taupo. Its hard to see but he has taped a degree wheel to the magneto flywheel...

Last Post By: diesel pig Today, 11:51 Go to last post
    Haufen

the clean two-stroke thread

Thread Starter: Haufen

As our beloved two-strokes are likely to disappear in the not so distant future, this thread shall serve as pool a for anything clean two-stroke related. The goal of this thread is to provide information, share the latest news and publications on two-stroke technology and discuss possible ways...

Last Post By: Niels Abildgaard Today, 04:55 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: jim.cox Today, 09:50 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

Another (road) litre bike bites the dust in Europe

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

The R1 and R1M are being dropped from the road bike line up in Europe, like the GSXR before it. Euro 5+ emission laws and dwindling sales are the main, if not only, reasons. Like the R6 there will be a track only version. https://www.rideapart.com/news/709594/yamaha-r1-r1m-discontinued-europe/ ...

Last Post By: roogazza Today, 16:56 Go to last post
    Laava

Ducati Cadet/Mountaineer

Thread Starter: Laava

I am interested in finding parts, a wreck, or even a complete machine for my next rebuild project. A mint one could sell for approx $5-8k based on recent overseas sales I found online thanks in advance! Al.

Last Post By: Laava Today, 15:20 Go to last post
  • Methven Mountain Thunder - Easter 2013

Attached is the Methven Street Race entry form and a welcome message from the Methven Lions who host this event with CAMS. Entry is on a first in basis if classes are over subscribed so get your entries in early. Entries close on Friday 15 March 2013.

The format is the same as last year’s event with the exception of the Formula CAMS 150/250 class replacing the Motards.

Like last year there will be a prize giving and meal following the conclusion of racing. This will be in Samuels Bar at the Blue Pub. Bar will be open from 5pm and meal from 6pm. The entry fee includes one meal ticket and further meal tickets will be available for purchase at sign-on ($15/head).

CAMS are not taking t-shirt orders this year, t-shirts can be purchased direct from the supplier or at the track on the day. See the attached Lions message for ordering details.

N.B. Remember you need a 'Championship' licence to compete at a street race.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Don't forget there's a CAMS club race day on 23 March at Ruapuna B track, a good opportunity for a shake down before Methven the following week.

Cheers.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Methven Mountain Thunder - Easter 2013 started by timg View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      timg -
      Less than a month to go Entries close Friday week (15.03.13)
      timg -
      Pits entry
      Attachment 280506
      ellipsis -

Wingnut -
      I think I will actually drag my ass and bike out for this... Should prove entertaining. From what I have heard its a well run event. Looking forward to it.
      dangerous -
      LOADED n ready to rock... well the boys are
      BADGRL -
      Haha that's awesome DD! I'm p*ssed the sumos aren't racing
      rastuscat -
      Yawn. Just back from the races.

AWESOME.

Nuff sed.
      dangerous -
      Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
      Yawn. Just back from the races.

AWESOME.

Nuff sed.
      You were loving it, how often do ya get to say "follow me boys we gona brake the speed limit" and a couple said you wernt shaging around either...
      what I wana know is, will the boss get that cheque you spoke off?

didnt think so LOL

Well good but not so good nearley every PC race red flaged, for saftey reasons mostely but one lifted out, couple a banana'd forks and "bugger bugger shit fark damn... a member of the public injured, IMO not really avoidable but it did bring a early finish to the day... good effort Lion's and Cam's
      ellipsis -
      Cheers RC, cant believe the amount of riders that lay down on the track...the woman injured is very thankfully uninjured but bruised and shook up...some days just go from bad to worse....just got in ...very sore feet from running around the track all day...i got more laps in than a lot of the 63 and 72 riders...great to see GW's Bimota down our way playing...
      kiwi cowboy -
      Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
      Cheers RC, cant believe the amount of riders that lay down on the track...the woman injured is very thankfully uninjured but bruised and shook up...some days just go from bad to worse....just got in ...very sore feet from running around the track all day...i got more laps in than a lot of the 63 and 72 riders...great to see GW's Bimota down our way playing...
      doesnt sound like you guys had a good run today?.
      I on the other hand had a great day pootling to haast and back .
      Just one question about the last red line bulletin-what is the add reguarding the levels meet on the 5th-7th december at levels in 2014 about as for it to be addertised this far out it must be a big avent is it?.
      cheers KC
      ellipsis -

...no time like the present to state your intentions...a weekend of Classic and PC racing a week after the Burt Munro Challenge, just up the road at Timaru...
      kiwi cowboy -
      ...no time like the present to state your intentions...a weekend of Classic and PC racing a week after the Burt Munro Challenge, just up the road at Timaru...[/QUOTE]

Well nobody'es gonna be able to say the they diddnt get plenty of notice 18 months worth.
      dangerous -
      cant believe the amount of riders that lay down on the track...the woman injured is very thankfully uninjured but bruised and shook up...some days just go from bad to worse....just got in ...very sore feet from running around the track all day...i got more laps in than a lot of the 63 and 72 riders...great to see GW's Bimota down our way playing...
      I know ya didnt need this with acc there in all, Ill pass on some info to ya cos it sure wasnt a good look and imo needs attention.
      Great to here the woman injured waset so bad, info comming in the pits was some one was flat on the track.

Some riders never managed to finish a race due to red flags, good to see tho that the red worked well track cleared and next class on dummy, good desision not to re run a red flaged race imo.
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
      Some riders never managed to finish a race due to red flags,.
      I think the pre72 muppets were the worst for that, pretty well run event, got through it all fairly quick due to not restarting red flagged races if it wasn't for the last incident they might have even fitted another round in
      gridcitypunx -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
      pre72 muppets
      Someone always has to have a go at someone else... forums... Sigh. Now i'm a forum muppet. Oh well.
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by gridcitypunx View Post
      Sigh. Now i'm a forum muppet. Oh well.
      Only if you were one of the crashers
      Ghost_Bullet -
      Really enjoyed the day out and gettin round the track.
      codgyoleracer -
      I hope she held her head high and played fair ?
      ellipsis -
      ... Alan did very well chasing Sid for second but Alex Walker on a ZXR750 kept him to 3rd overall in Pre 89...not bad for first time round Methven though...i hope i managed to talk him into bringing it back to the Burt Munro races and our two day meeting the week after at Levels, next year...
      gridcitypunx -
      Images from pre 63 and 72 taken by my sweet lady. Enjoy.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/1770837...7633135460744/