• Most Active Threads

Rcktfsh

Optimistic sellers

Thread Starter: Rcktfsh

This trader must be pretty hard to outdo as far as optimism goes. Bike has been on the market for a year now, wonder when the penny will drop he''s dreaming at that price. You'd have thought after a year he might have got round to the little bit of tlc required to get running. ...

Last Post By: jellywrestler Yesterday, 16:05 Go to last post
    onearmedbandit

MotoGP 2024

Thread Starter: onearmedbandit

With only 2 days until the new year, and just over 2 months until the season starts it's time for a new thread. Who's your money on? Will Bagnia do the triple? Will Marc return to former glory and bring us a season in which he dominates? Will Martin secure his dream to win a championship?...

Last Post By: Autech Yesterday, 22:02 Go to last post
    Brian d marge

Brian d marge has retired and returned

Thread Starter: Brian d marge

Yup tis me I missed Oscar So I decided to resume the nonsense Still riding me 500 Enfield Retired from professional bike stuff, however, I do still keep in touch I was at Japan Superbikes Sunday, I have a small workshop now where I build bikes current bike is a chopper for the...

Last Post By: pete376403 Yesterday, 07:45 Go to last post
  • Methven Mountain Thunder - Easter 2013

Attached is the Methven Street Race entry form and a welcome message from the Methven Lions who host this event with CAMS. Entry is on a first in basis if classes are over subscribed so get your entries in early. Entries close on Friday 15 March 2013.

The format is the same as last year’s event with the exception of the Formula CAMS 150/250 class replacing the Motards.

Like last year there will be a prize giving and meal following the conclusion of racing. This will be in Samuels Bar at the Blue Pub. Bar will be open from 5pm and meal from 6pm. The entry fee includes one meal ticket and further meal tickets will be available for purchase at sign-on ($15/head).

CAMS are not taking t-shirt orders this year, t-shirts can be purchased direct from the supplier or at the track on the day. See the attached Lions message for ordering details.

N.B. Remember you need a 'Championship' licence to compete at a street race.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Don't forget there's a CAMS club race day on 23 March at Ruapuna B track, a good opportunity for a shake down before Methven the following week.

Cheers.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Methven Mountain Thunder - Easter 2013 started by timg View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      Asher -
      I had a great time on Sat, even got a pretty good spot to watch the racing:
      Kickaha -
      Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
      even got a pretty good spot to watch the racing:
      Brown Pub, I was looking at that and thinking it'd be a pretty good spot
      Asher -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
      Brown Pub, I was looking at that and thinking it'd be a pretty good spot
      We saw it a thought that would be a good spot, so we asked a guy at the bar if we could go up there.
      He went and talked the manager/owner and came back and said for $35 we could come and go as we please, complementary lunch and 3 free drinks. Will definitely be doing it again next year.
      Wingnut -
      Yep - was a cool day out. Some nice bikes out on track for sure. Thanks go out to the hard working souls that organised and ran the event. They are the real heroes of the sport in my mind.

So cool to see an event in such a nice small town which from my impression would appear the entire community gets behind. You wouldn't see that in my neck of the woods.... There is nothing Victorian about motorcycle racing
      kawawaka -
      Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
      ... Alan did very well chasing Sid for second but Alex Walker on a ZXR750 kept him to 3rd overall in Pre 89...not bad for first time round Methven though...i hope i managed to talk him into bringing it back to the Burt Munro races and our two day meeting the week after at Levels, next year...
      Yep I had a great day went home after a great days racing well organised by the cams and Lions thanks heaps Alex
      Video pre89 link the last race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh3phcTQxLE

And some video of F1 the last race Droid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CibCYUsx-_k

More F1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vwoca-BnGU
  • POTM Winner

Congratulations to Southern scratcher
    Winner of Picture Of The Month
    Low res (2)
    Low res (2)
    Vote for next months winner
    Winner thread
  • Todays Events

No events scheduled in
    the next days.

Upcoming Events

• Poll Widget

LED headlamps and foglamps (Votes: 13)

1. I have no problems with others lights (Votes: 0)

2. I’m constantly blinded by bright lights and hate night driving (Votes: 2)

3. Some newer vehicles are too high intensity lighting (Votes: 5)

4. Just hate poorly adjusted lights (Votes: 8)

5. I’m too busy looking at phone to notice (Votes: 0)

6. I’ve illegally modified my lights and dont care (Votes: 0)

7. I ride around on full beam not caring that people can’t see my indicators (Votes: 0)

8. I’m a bat and just use sonar (Votes: 0)